OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Want to see more of the beautiful zoa behind the plate.

I need to get some pictures, it’s one of a group I just purchased and I’m somewhat disappointed with the color representation of them.. more on that later, trying to let them settle and open so I can make a final determination.

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to get some pictures, it’s one of a group I just purchased and I’m somewhat disappointed with the color representation of them.. more on that later, trying to let them settle and open so I can make a final determination.
I've been busy trying to decide which I want more -- a zoa garden or my blue tuxedo urchin. He destroyed my garden, but he is funny and wears almost everything he finds. Decisions, decisions.

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a couple corals in my LFS “not for sale” section over the weekend, I don’t let something like that stand in my way.. lol

gold pavona and supposedly a Hollywood stunner chalice, polyps look like a stunner but flesh looks too green comparing with others I have seen..

A3726E73-631F-453B-8D17-249659304BB8.jpeg

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
beautiful tank! how do you like the eshopps pf300?

thanks so much and welcome to my build thread! The pf300 has been working perfectly, I clean the sponge filter every couple months and periodically make sure the “U” tube is flowing correctly with no obstructions.

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably jinx myself but my tank has been looking amazing the last few days ;Hilarious

little cloudy from stirring up my sump this morning but everything is extra puffy today ;)

1F407403-9B77-4231-9009-100FEC67C440.jpeg

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea what this is? Not the fish...
IMG_20191113_193025272.jpg

Not sure what that is? Looks happy and healthy but that damsel looks like the devil himself ;Hilarious ;)

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Believe it or not, the sweetest fish you can imagine! I was told it was a Hollywood stunner?

unless it’s really washed out it’s not a Hollywood stunner, my new new neon green polyp chalice in above picture is in fact a stunner, I was able to find multiple examples of it while doing a little research. not sure what your PAR numbers are in that spot but they will lose their colors and get dull looking under to much light.. I have been growing out a Miami hurricane for a few years and it wasn’t until I moved it into the shade that it really colored up and took off growing.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back