My blue tang and my experiences

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve posted many times in the last 5 months about my dory. Came in from the Philippines. Got her. Eating at the lfs looked great. Brought her home. She got abs amazing 30g qt tank with live rock and caves. Showed ich after 2 days. Copper for 30 days. Than prazipro she shows some kinda weird white markings. So I did kanaplex. She passed qt of 60 days. Went into the display. Than stupid me had to much carbon in my back chamber and she got hlle. And what I was told was lympho. So I was t sure what to do and put her back in qt. Fed heavily. Has no carbon she looked ok. But day to day her scales would change it was weird. She got depressed. Hung by the edge of the qt tank so she could see her friends. I mean it! So I said enough was enough. Put her back. She was so happy swam with her buddies. Ate so well. It her hlle came back. And spots looks like ich but I don’t think it was. All other fish look amazing. So today I decided I’m going to give her a fresh water dip. I put her in at 79f. And my idiot self added some formalin. She didn’t look good. After 10 mins out her back in the tank and o she is on her side breathing quite a bit. I really messed this up. With all the research money and time I have put into this. Why did I do this. She was happy. Even though she had white spots on her eyes. I know she is not going to make. It she gave me a lot of joy. My daughter lost her beta last night after a year and she’s so sad. Now I’m going to have to tell her that her dory is sick! Please don’t judge me I’m trying so hard. I know she’s an expert fish but I had every med. the right size qt the good foods. And I blew it

D980B900-F765-421D-A2D1-9CD8E906BA90.jpeg

OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fish are my pets and family I want to thank everyone that helped me get to this point. I have learned a lot. Started making my own fish food and have built the. Best qt tank around. So the question is. Do I try again?

Platinum Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awhh she ended up passing? I'm sorry for your loss :( I just got my first blue tang 3 weeks ago and I noticed she had some white markings forming a few days after I added her. I'm not sure if it was ich or not but I added a UV sterilizer for a little piece of mind and she is blemish free as I type this ( I also have a cleaner goby and cleaner shrimp they may have helped her out?). I'd say if you want another one just go for it! Moving her around as much as you did most likely did more harm then good. Go ahead and quarantine the next one for a month and when you decide to add it to the display try to keep it in there if at all possible.

BiggestE222

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a blue tang and a couple weeks later I started seeing black spots. The flatworms also started slightly after ting my clownfish. Luckily a couple treatments of plazipro resolved all issues.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 27 30.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 70 79.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • Other

Votes: 6 6.8%
Back