My brother dropped a rock on my acrylic tank

Khoi_La

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys! As the title said, my brother dropped a rock on my empty acrylic tank and it create this crack. From side view the crack doesnt look too deep. I was wonderiny if that will affect the tank for future use? I tried to put water in, it stil hold water just fine!

IMG_20200809_193958_285.jpg IMG_20200809_193609_945.jpg

fugatze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a stress fracture and will expand unless you use a sealer. You can use a solvent based glue that chemically "melts" the plastic together and creates a strong bond. For acrylic you should be able to use "weld on" to hold it together.

OP
OP
Khoi_La

Khoi_La

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a stress fracture and will expand unless you use a sealer. You can use a solvent based glue that chemically "melts" the plastic together and creates a strong bond. For acrylic you should be able to use "weld on" to hold it together.
Where do i buy it? And how do i apply it on?

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on where you are, but typically search for something like "Weld-On 3" or "Weld on 4" at a hardware/repair store like Ace Hardware, or at supermarkets like Walmart. I believe that you can just apply it via needle.

Why did your brother drop a rock on your tank????

OP
OP
Khoi_La

Khoi_La

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on where you are, but typically search for something like "Weld-On 3" or "Weld on 4" at a hardware/repair store like Ace Hardware, or at supermarkets like Walmart. I believe that you can just apply it via needle.

Why did your brother drop a rock on your tank????
Thank you so much!!
My brother is 4 y.o. kids like to break stuff. I shouldve known better

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, the dreaded "let me drop this from a height to see what happens" stage. Truly, one of the most destructive stages of the small child life cycle. I thought he was older and was maliciously doing it lol. Good luck! And keep him away from the weldon fumes!

OP
OP
Khoi_La

Khoi_La

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, the dreaded "let me drop this from a height to see what happens" stage. Truly, one of the most destructive stages of the small child life cycle. I thought he was older and was maliciously doing it lol. Good luck! And keep him away from the weldon fumes!
Thank you. I just read the instructions and it doesnt sound that hard at all. And yea, sucks that you cant even get mad at him because hes 4 lol

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back