My bubbletip anemone keep moving.

Klaraliz1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know what to do with my bubble tip anemone. The most part of the time is all the way down but when the light turn off in the night go back all the way up and than go back to the same spot when the lighr turn on again. Please help. Sorry for my english my first languaje is spanish ‍♀️

20200221_050937.jpg 20200221_051757.jpg 20200221_051953.jpg 20200220_045955.jpg 20200220_060549.jpg

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this has been going on for multiple days, I would try adjusting the flow a bit and see if the bta finds a spot it likes. How long have you had the bta?

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What lights are you running and for how long?

OP
OP
K

Klaraliz1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this has been going on for multiple days, I would try adjusting the flow a bit and see if the bta finds a spot it likes. How long have you had the bta?
I just have 1 week with the bta and the light is the original for the fluval evo 13.5 g i dont upgrade yet.

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My BTA moved around for a few weeks before finding a spot it liked. You’ll be okay

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your photo period? May need to keep the light on a bit longer. Not sure why else the nem would be climbing to the top at night other than it wants some more light.

William Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I deleted my questions: I see it is a stock 13.5 gallon Evo with stock lighting. It is probably searching for a "happy spot" problem is with the stock lighting and filtration in that tank it will struggle to find one.
My opinion is upgrading the lighting and filtration in that tank as soon as possible. My daughter had one of those tanks for about a year before we just threw it out and replaced it with a Innovative Marine Fusion 20. It made a difference for her being able to have a skimmer and proper chambers for filtration needed to support a BTA

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

Klaraliz1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your photo period? May need to keep the light on a bit longer. Not sure why else the nem would be climbing to the top at night other than it wants some more light.
Well maybe i can be wrong but work like that for me and controll the algae.
The loght turn on at 5 to 11 than 2 hours just the reflect of the sun in my living room and turn on again at 1 to 8 PM and like that so.
5AM -11 on
11-12 off just the lighting of the sun
1PM -8PM on
8PM -5AM off

I just ask in a fish store to the person ho i buy the most part of my stuff and he recomend me something like that. In the beggining i have a little bit problems with algae. OPEN TO ANY RECOMENDATION. ( my english is not that good just in case not understand)

OP
OP
K

Klaraliz1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I deleted my questions: I see it is a stock 13.5 gallon Evo with stock lighting. It is probably searching for a "happy spot" problem is with the stock lighting and filtration in that tank it will struggle to find one.
My opinion is upgrading the lighting and filtration in that tank as soon as possible. My daughter had one of those tanks for about a year before we just threw it out and replaced it with a Innovative Marine Fusion 20. It made a difference for her being able to have a skimmer and proper chambers for filtration needed to support a BTA
Thanks in going to look that. Bit my thank have the skimmer and online i see few differents way to upgrade the filter and like that for better perform.

Attachments

• 20200221_092717.mp4
    21.7 MB

William Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks in going to look that. Bit my thank have the skimmer and online i see few differents way to upgrade the filter and like that for better perform.
If you have the skimmer that is good. There is a filter basket I would suggest from a company called "InTank"
Here is the link.
This goes in chamber one :https://intankaquatics.com/intank-chamber-one-media-basket-for-fluval-evo-13-5-52l-2020-version/
This one is for chamber 2: https://intankaquatics.com/intank-chamber-two-media-basket-fluval-evo-13-5-and-fluval-spec-16/
If you use both of these it will give you the best chance of success with the filtration.
As for lighting I would suggest an AI prime HD. You can get one used fairly cheaply now.
Remove the foam block filter as soon as you can. The foam filter that comes with these tanks are horrible and a nitrate factory. There is also a small sponge filter inside the pump that comes with these tanks. I would also remove that soon as possible.

OP
OP
K

Klaraliz1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have the skimmer that is good. There is a filter basket I would suggest from a company called "InTank"
Here is the link.
This goes in chamber one :https://intankaquatics.com/intank-chamber-one-media-basket-for-fluval-evo-13-5-52l-2020-version/
This one is for chamber 2: https://intankaquatics.com/intank-chamber-two-media-basket-fluval-evo-13-5-and-fluval-spec-16/
If you use both of these it will give you the best chance of success with the filtration.
As for lighting I would suggest an AI prime HD. You can get one used fairly cheaply now.
Remove the foam block filter as soon as you can. The foam filter that comes with these tanks are horrible and a nitrate factory. There is also a small sponge filter inside the pump that comes with these tanks. I would also remove that soon as possible.
Thanks so mutch...

William Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem at all. Also, there is a small hole on the plastic inside the tank that flows into chamber 2. I suggest plugging that hole to force more water into chamber one and through the system. On that website I sent to you above you will find several accessories that make that tank as good as possible.
1582296028033.png

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually when the anemones get a more transparent look to them, it's because they arent receiving enough light. When they are getting enough light, they'll be a bit more opaque. Looking at yours, I'd say lack of light is certainly an issue. Looking at how it's opening up would suggest that your water and flow are likely fine so I wouldnt mess with that. If the above is true, turning your lights off is a problem. I'd suggest keeping the light on for that one hour period that you have it turning off for the time being but even then, you may have to extend the photo-period longer if its normal color doesn't return. The other option is to purchase a stronger light.

William Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually when the anemones get a more transparent look to them, it's because they arent receiving enough light. When they are getting enough light, they'll be a bit more opaque. Looking at yours, I'd say lack of light is certainly an issue. Looking at how it's opening up would suggest that your water and flow are likely fine so I wouldnt mess with that. If the above is true, turning your lights off is a problem. I'd suggest keeping the light on for that one hour period that you have it turning off for the time being but even then, you may have to extend the photo-period longer if its normal color doesn't return. The other option is to purchase a stronger light.
Its a stock light from a 13.5 gallon fluval if you see up above all the recommendations I made to make this tank successful. I think he sure needs an AI Prime HD or similar over this tank. Just not enough power to keep a BTA in my opinion. I actually used the stock light on my much larger reef tank in the refugium to grow chaeto quite successfully which is definitely not a good sign for a DT light.

OP
OP
K

Klaraliz1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so mutch im about to buy another one soon someone here recommended a AI prime or something like that i have to read again so im going to see... thanks again

Back