My cat pooped in my reef tank yesterday

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I realize this. I am not sure why I did it, I didn't know what was going on. She likes to poop in water. I have to imagine she has been urinating in there as well.
Sounds like you can train it to use the toilet

TeamAquaSD

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem! Asian Leopards need a balanced raw diet to remain healthy, and fully domesticated cats will also benefit from this.
The best thing to do is to grind raw chicken as well as bone, but I do not grind the bone as I don't have a meat grinder. I typically just cut up fresh chicken or beef and feed it to her, generally I try to add some calcium to make up for the bone that is missing.
Here is the culprit :rolleyes:
1625342381702.png
Adorable~!

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would worry they might miss the toilet hole. ewww! Sometimes they also will poop in your bathtub if you give them access to the bathroom :p It is instinctual for bengals to pee and poop in water to hide their scent! Although it sounds like it was pretty stinky anyways ;Vomit

BiggestE222

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
I have a first generation bengal kitten, and last night she pooped in my sump. The water got a little nasty and a very small ammonia spike. Everything is doing fine, some corals seem to be doing better.
Anything else to worry about? She eats a diet of raw meat. I am blocking off the sump so this can not happen again. I figure its not much different than a giant fish pooping. Tank is about 300 gallons total vol.
I was not able to remove the poop or do a water change. She also pooped in the water change container (full).
This system has a huge UV sterilizer on it. Water cleared up very quickly.
Get rid of three cat

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
haha! Just don't own a half asian leopard cat and you will probably be just fine. ;Woot
My one and only. And she was a monster! This thread just reminds me how controlling they can be
in their own ways.

Attachments

• ryoki.jpg
    ryoki.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 35
  • ryoki2.jpg
    ryoki2.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 33

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So nasty man. I couldn't figure out what it was. I thought it was Hydrogen Sulfide, smelled so bad. Disgusting, I even tasted the water before realizing what it was. Ugh im disgusted
Did any vomiting take place? I would have made it about 2 feet.

Kai K

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol why would you taste your tank water in the first place?
What you did was probably up there with drinking skimmate.
Wait what? You don't drink your skimmate? I actually binned the coffeemachine and go for a cup of the dark strong stuff from the bubbly machine.

Dennis Cartier

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Yours too! Mine is my first f1 too although the f3 has some quirks as well. My F1 is under a year yet.

If you don’t have a wheel… mine really seem to love it to burn off energy!

5D459A4C-4834-4A82-8686-4302B8C16126.jpeg
Is it just me or did anyone else see this photo and start wondering about powering tank LEDs using kitty power?

... the photo period might be a bit chaotic ... ;Cat

Dennis

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it just me or did anyone else see this photo and start wondering about powering tank LEDs using kitty power?

... the photo period might be a bit chaotic ... ;Cat

Dennis

It can be the battery backup! Powers out! Get running!

Durhamreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello from Durham, neighbor. Lol, I'm still trying to wrap my pea around you tasting the water... Lol. Several years back my neighbors had an outdoor Bengal that was the BIGGEST PITA I've ever experienced! Let him in and he'd cry to go out, let him out and he'd cry to come in.... Never happy. Little bugger started begging to come in my house, which was allowed until he decided to go fishing. I've only witnessed a cat swimming once in my lifetime - in my DT! Many moons ago a buddy thought it was cool to let my 12ft Burmese Python take a saltwater swim in his tank while I was away for work..... Until it pooped in the tank. OMG WHAT A MESS!

Beautiful cats, btw!

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back