My cat pooped in my reef tank yesterday

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I realize this. I am not sure why I did it, I didn't know what was going on. She likes to poop in water. I have to imagine she has been urinating in there as well.
This is crazy dude!! Haha I’m dying over here. We need to scratch the kitty litter box out of the equation and add a small goldfish bowl, minus the goldfish.

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just hope the OP corals don't have a sudden growth spurt or develop more vibrant colors. Then we'll have to have a "Cat Box Sump" forum and debate the best types of cat and how we put our cats on timers.

And who knows what kinds of products will hit the shelves.

On second thought, reefers will buy almost anything...here kitty, kitty, kitty.

Dennis Cartier

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just hope the OP corals don't have a sudden growth spurt or develop more vibrant colors. Then we'll have to have a "Cat Box Sump" forum and debate the best types of cat and how we put our cats on timers.

I will watch for @brandon429 's thread testing the concept! :D

Dennis

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hahahahahah I’m dying here this thread is bananas

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feeling kinda dizzy and nauseous after reading this thread.

Knowledge is power?

Sea Otter Yawn GIF by Nature on PBS

OP
OP
Dolphins18

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good ole ammonia spike came in today, .5 so not too bad, closer to 0 now. I have been dosing prime anyway, pretty bad timing as I had to move two tanks, one being combined into another that is here (the one with cat feces in it). All seems good, but I am exhausted!
Glad you guys have enjoyed this thread! <3

Krampus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem! Asian Leopards need a balanced raw diet to remain healthy, and fully domesticated cats will also benefit from this.
The best thing to do is to grind raw chicken as well as bone, but I do not grind the bone as I don't have a meat grinder. I typically just cut up fresh chicken or beef and feed it to her, generally I try to add some calcium to make up for the bone that is missing.
Here is the culprit :rolleyes:
1625342381702.png
Man, that things is beautiful. It reminds me of an ocelot, which if I were rich, is the exact pet that I would have. Exotic enough to be stunning but not big enough to kill you haha

Appoloreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem! Asian Leopards need a balanced raw diet to remain healthy, and fully domesticated cats will also benefit from this.
The best thing to do is to grind raw chicken as well as bone, but I do not grind the bone as I don't have a meat grinder. I typically just cut up fresh chicken or beef and feed it to her, generally I try to add some calcium to make up for the bone that is missing.
Here is the culprit :rolleyes:
1625342381702.png
Beautiful cat

OP
OP
Dolphins18

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have a 10 month old F1 Bengal. He also thought it would be a good idea to jump in my tank haha
Lol this is my current fear, I moved my IM 30L to this house yesterday (rimless open top) luckily it sits on a 4' stand and is pretty high up, but Im worried she may go for a swim in there, or worse lol, if she pooped in that tank I don't think prime would be enough to save the inhabitants.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 39 47.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 51.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • None.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.8%
Back