My cleaner shrimp died 3 days in

Born2beblack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i finally got a cleaner shrimp and he hide the first night. No biggy i thought i also gave him a 30 min temp acclimation and about 20 min drip acclimation. He did fine for rhe first hour or 2.
Now i had decent reading for peremeters before i added him but when i ran test after he died of course i had ammonia but other then that things looked good and i didnt do a test the day before so idk what the water was when he was alive -_-

Next day i check where he was and i could see him hiding. So come the fianlly day i decided to do a water change cause my montipora wasn't opened and then i notice it had died -_-

All my corals and other inverts and fish are good. I wondee if he was bulled
I had 2 clownfish and they are pretty good and a bi coloured blenny. Hes a bully but for food and only to my clowns. Not my hermits might have but iek the othee inverts are to small.

Are cleaner shrimp more sensitive then i thought.

OP
OP
Born2beblack

Born2beblack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do an icp test maybe u have Cooper in the system
Thank you didnt think about that
I dont have a test for that yet
Ill get one next weekend.
I am new to salt how do you change your peremeters naturally
I can dose to but would prefer to tey and naturally get close to then peremeters i want.
These are the test i have right now what others should i get
Ido plan to get Magnesium this weekend ane i do test salinity

20200530_225709.jpg

4tanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cleaner shrimp should be drip acclimated for at least an hour and half with the drip dripping about once every second they are very sensitive to parameter fluctuations

OP
OP
Born2beblack

Born2beblack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cleaner shrimp should be drip acclimated for at least an hour and half with the drip dripping about once every second they are very sensitive to parameter fluctuations
Okay ill be sure to do a longer acclimation
I feel bad i though i did him good :(

ZipAdeeZoa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you positive it wasn't a molt? I believe they often molt when added to a new system as they adjust to your tanks parameters. did the body you found smell at all? A molt is pretty much a copy of the shrimp (its their old skeleton after all) but it usually looks "empty" and won't have any foul odour like a body would.

OP
OP
Born2beblack

Born2beblack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you positive it wasn't a molt? I believe they often molt when added to a new system as they adjust to your tanks parameters. did the body you found smell at all? A molt is pretty much a copy of the shrimp (its their old skeleton after all) but it usually looks "empty" and won't have any foul odour like a body would.
Sadly i own a shrimp and lobster tank and i know a dead one when i see it. But note to self for my next one.
I think i shocked it not giving it moretime idk

Back