My Clown and the Covid-19

Maximitsurugi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dang Clown has started practising Social distancing.

Yesterday I went into my tank and got a little mouth rub from my clown. He's never done it before but it didnt hurt or anything so I shrugged it off.

This morning, my euphyllia colony looked a bit leaned so I go in to do my housekeeping. All of a sudden this little butt-"O" darts for my hand and takes a chomp on the inside of my thumb! It actually hurt! Do clowns have teeth that I dont know about!?

So now I've been quarantined to the left side of my own dang tank.

So to all my Reef2Reef friends out there, Stay home and keep your distance from other people, including your Clowns.

Share your clownfish aggression/quarantine stories with us.

20200328_112249.jpg

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one for years that would bite me EVERY time I put my hand in the tank. I do not miss that fish

HuneyBear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to have a gold stripe maroon that would follow you across the tank when you walked by. Anytime you stuck your hand in the tank she would bite. It would leave little roundish circles on my arm. Even worse if she got ahold of some hair and yanked that out.

Noah's Shark

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clown isn't aggressive, but quite the opposite. Once, my friend was leaning over my tank to say hi to the very friendly clownfish (lovingly named Sergeant Tuna) when all of a sudden, Sgt. Tuna jumped partly out of the water and "kissed" my friend. It was quite a shock as I had never seen anything like it. It wasn't a bite, and often when I have my hand in the water he will come up and "peck" at what I assume is dead skin on my arm. He's quite the fish.

snowhite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a Maroon Lightning that thinks he's KING of a 29gallon growout tank, but put him in my 90 gallon with ORA Midnight, Saddleback and Gold Nugget clowns and he becomes a huge sissy. Keep trying to snatch the Gold Nugget and try in the 29g with him, but the Gold Nugget apparently is a genius thwarting all my capture attempts.

OP
OP
Maximitsurugi

Maximitsurugi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad think is that we used to be buddies. I could pet him and everything. The wife must have told him something about me cuz now hes a dick!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back