My Clownfish and BTA has started "Bonding" today, what are the things i should do, and/or avoid?

H4kimWibowo27

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, friends! My name is Hakim, i'm from Indonesia and i'm 12 years old. I have heard that some people came into the reef keeping hobby because of the Clownfish/Anemone symbiosis! Well, just as the title suggested, it happened in my tank today! For some insight, i have two clownfish, many people in my community (as in not so "many") have kept this kind of clownfish and have experience keeping them, though the species is still up for debate, i bought two of them just about a week ago. As for the Anemone, it has the same story, but is probably definitely some kind of GBTA, i bought it about 5 months ago. Ok now that's out of the way, i have provided footage of the first ever "Bonding" session!

Ok, what i'm asking you fellow reefers are what are the signs that the symbiosis is working or not, or what should i do and what i shouldn't do. I'm asking for advice because this is too freaking awesome and i don't want it to fail. Thank you friends!

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got into Marine and reef aquarium 40 years ago becasue of Ocellaris clowns and anemone.
What you have is a pair of wild caught Ocellaris clowns, A. ocellaris, and a BTA, E. quadricolor, anemone. These two species normally do not form symbiotic relationship in the wild, but in aquarium anything can happen. Very nice clowns. If I have a chance to get this pair of clown I would not hesitant at all to buy them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H4kimWibowo27

H4kimWibowo27

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got into Marine and reef aquarium 40 years ago becasue of Ocellaris clowns and anemone.
What you have is a pair of wild caught Ocellaris clowns, A. ocellaris, and a BTA, E. quadricolor, anemone. These two species normally do not form symbiotic relationship in the wild, but in aquarium anything can happen. Very nice clowns. I have a chance to get this pair of clown I would not hesitant at all to buy them.
Oh WOW! Thank you for the ID! I do hope they for the relationship though, my family also have been eager to see a symbiotic relationship in our own house!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back