My Coastal Inspired 55G long - Softies, Sponges, Macros and Worms

OP
PeterLL

PeterLL

View Badges
Reaction score
So time for a FTS as there's been some change.
First I removed the hood and I love it - feels so much more open.
Further added some Algae's - brachypus out front and some Gracilaria species (Although my Mexican turbos having munched on them :mad: )

That big floss filter in the top right - hopefully it FINALLY clears the bits in the water.

Here's my goby amongst some of the new brachypus:

I had some interesting activity from the fridmani's and saw the female guarding some eggs:

Fun Fact Time: Feather dusters not only look for food with their crown. They also capture sediment such as sand, which is than transported through the worms body, and is used to help build their tube. You can see the new worms build from where it was added to my tank with fine sand, and the old tube from when it was kept in a bare-bottom tank in the local fish store.

Finally, my acropora.
They are the backbones of reefs. They protect our coastlines withstanding waves, storms, floods and tsunamis. And then there's mine, who had a branch broken off by catching on a mexican turbo snail as it slithered passed.

AS
OP
PeterLL

PeterLL

View Badges
Reaction score
Thank you fellas, they mean a lot :)
Side note, I think I now have a dilemma. My beloved, mexican turbo who has been with me years, or my macro algae's. He's munched through about 60 quid's worth and it's clear he's not going to let any grow. Look's like I will have to find him a new home :(. Getting sentimental over a snail :(

Frigus Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Side note, I think I now have a dilemma. My beloved, mexican turbo who has been with me years, or my macro algae's. He's munched through about 60 quid's worth and it's clear he's not going to let any grow. Look's like I will have to find him a new home :(. Getting sentimental over a snail :(
:( I get sentimental over hermit crabs :(
As an American the only reason I know what quid means is a song by an English grunge punk band XD

Fritz

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score

No it's not, the oldest creature in my big tank is an astrea snail, a hitch hiker about 8 years ago, I'd be gutted if I lost it!
My lfs has a marine biologist that works there part time, he hand picked me four macro frags at TMC, 4 inch plus pieces, came down to four clean bits of rubble the following morning! ;Facepalm

Do you have reef tank aspirations and visions?

• Yes (please tell us what in the thread)

Votes: 101 85.6%
  • NO

Votes: 15 12.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 2 1.7%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Build a Better Aquarium at Marine Depot