OP
OP
PeterLL

PeterLL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely! I think this style is underrated. I wish more people saw the beauty in coastal environments.

I'll throw in a little secret; I have no idea if this is actually what coastal reefs look like I just threw that word in because @inland_reef used it hahaha. But definitely, the natural style is gonna be a up and comer for sure

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll throw in a little secret; I have no idea if this is actually what coastal reefs look like I just threw that word in because @inland_reef used it hahaha. But definitely, the natural style is gonna be a up and comer for sure
It's how coastal reefs look. Af least it looks like Floridian reefs. Man they're my favorite.

OP
OP
PeterLL

PeterLL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
96947DF6-23E6-4782-AE88-30545E2BC4F6.jpeg

5E908C79-8250-4847-AD48-225F98545C02.jpeg

E5D1F59F-C69F-46ED-848E-1AF9326A9693.jpeg

C3A65B8E-9582-4872-BDF9-9381FB0EA087.jpeg

F39060EA-3CD7-47B1-9FBD-7739F3EA1F15.jpeg

OP
OP
PeterLL

PeterLL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shame the resolution goes down so much whenever I upload pics :(

Swweeettt!!! Looks like the tank is coming along well

My number one fan for sure <3
Thank you it is coming along how I want it in most aspects. The Pink Nepthea is not doing well- I've been told it is likely not actually a true pink nepthea, instead another almost impossible-to-keep soft coral.
Also, despite all my effort's with dry rock I've literally ended up with every pest in the book.

Bubble Algae- Going to recruit 2 more emerald crabs for a total of 3.
Flatworms - Use some Flatworm Exit and hope it doesn't harm my invertebrates.
Vermetids - Crunch any I see and get a team of 5-10 bumblebee snails
Aiptasia - Use a death juice and sprinkle it on it which will get it for sure. Hopefully it hasn't spread.

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My number one fan for sure <3
Thank you it is coming along how I want it in most aspects. The Pink Nepthea is not doing well- I've been told it is likely not actually a true pink nepthea, instead another almost impossible-to-keep soft coral.
Also, despite all my effort's with dry rock I've literally ended up with every pest in the book.

Bubble Algae- Going to recruit 2 more emerald crabs for a total of 3.
Flatworms - Use some Flatworm Exit and hope it doesn't harm my invertebrates.
Vermetids - Crunch any I see and get a team of 5-10 bumblebee snails
Aiptasia - Use a death juice and sprinkle it on it which will get it for sure. Hopefully it hasn't spread.
You bet!!!
Dang, I had bubble algae but it stayed like three bubbles and it looked cool so I kept it.
What's the aphasia death juice? cause I need some.
And bummer on the Nepthea!!! Is there anywhere you can get a nice pink nepthea? I'm not a leather guy so I wouldn't know lol

ImGoingCoastal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's how coastal reefs look. Af least it looks like Floridian reefs. Man they're my favorite.

First I'm just here to say I like your tank, and your title.

Second, follow me @coastalsreef (only mentioning due to the comment above) on IG haha

Sorry, I couldn't help Myself. Seriously though, your tank is pretty cool. Following along.

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Second, follow me @coastalsreef (only mentioning due to the comment above) on IG haha

Sorry, I couldn't help Myself. Seriously though, your tank is pretty cool. Following along.
Not my tank haha it's @PeterLL

OP
OP
PeterLL

PeterLL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You bet!!!
Dang, I had bubble algae but it stayed like three bubbles and it looked cool so I kept it.
What's the aphasia death juice? cause I need some.
And bummer on the Nepthea!!! Is there anywhere you can get a nice pink nepthea? I'm not a leather guy so I wouldn't know lol
Ahaha I've only seen it in one spot but its a risk I'm not willing to take. Pulled them out and gave the area a spray down with death juice. The death juice can be found here: https://www.ultimatereef.net/thread...orks-well-on-nuisance-coral-and-algae.817613/. Basically kills ANYTHING you put near it so be careful...

I dont think so, the one I though I got, true Japanese Nepthea is photosynthetic and Easy, but seems like its not really found outside Japan unfortunately :(

OP
OP
PeterLL

PeterLL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Cheers, and I'll check you out mate

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahaha I've only seen it in one spot but its a risk I'm not willing to take. Pulled them out and gave the area a spray down with death juice. The death juice can be found here: https://www.ultimatereef.net/thread...orks-well-on-nuisance-coral-and-algae.817613/. Basically kills ANYTHING you put near it so be careful...

I dont think so, the one I though I got, true Japanese Nepthea is photosynthetic and Easy, but seems like its not really found outside Japan unfortunately :(
Dang!!! that really sucks :( sorry bro

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes the blues takeaway from the natural beauty.
White 70%, Blues 0.

JakUJDS.jpg

ZMPLpcw.jpg

7MpSzjd.jpg

t8kk1l1.jpg

o2eie1e.jpg[IMG]
I love your outlook on this sorta thing. It's not all crazy acroporas with wild names and full blown actinics with neon colors. The real beauty is in the natural.

OP
OP
PeterLL

PeterLL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love your outlook on this sorta thing. It's not all crazy acroporas with wild names and full blown actinics with neon colors. The real beauty is in the natural.
When you get a WORM that's purple and gold what more do you need. Also they're cheaper than a Signature 1" frag thank god lol

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back