OP
bullfrog

bullfrog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, new tank video update here. Found a really cool looking (dead) clam with loads of micro life, that I just had to put in there. I love the look of that thing! Also added a shark egg (of a non endangered species), and there's some anemone feeding, +++ going on.

And as always, I'll add a few pictures as well...

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG
6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG
10.JPG

OP
OP
bullfrog

bullfrog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New update from the tank. Added a new cool looking spiny starfish this time. Time will tell if it's going to stay in the tank though, as it's quite the predator, so it might cause too much trouble. Will be adding shells and snails regularly that it'll hopefully stick to eating though.. Also having some macro algae growth which excites me, as I was never able to get anything growing in my old tank (mostly because my crabs and hermits ate everything probably..). Anyways hope you'll enjoy the video! :)

Adding some pictures too as usual..

1.JPG

2.jpg

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

Adding another little youtube short at the end. This is a Hyas crab of some kind. To big for my tank, so released it after the photo session, but will probably get one of these when I get a bigger tank at some point!

LegalReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New update from the tank. Added a new cool looking spiny starfish this time. Time will tell if it's going to stay in the tank though, as it's quite the predator, so it might cause too much trouble. Will be adding shells and snails regularly that it'll hopefully stick to eating though.. Also having some macro algae growth which excites me, as I was never able to get anything growing in my old tank (mostly because my crabs and hermits ate everything probably..). Anyways hope you'll enjoy the video! :)

Adding some pictures too as usual..

1.JPG

2.jpg

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

Adding another little youtube short at the end. This is a Hyas crab of some kind. To big for my tank, so released it after the photo session, but will probably get one of these when I get a bigger tank at some point!

Absolutely stunning, as usual! I’m constantly amazed at how much life you pack in there; what planktonic organisms did you manage to add in your water change, do you know? That shot of the surface looked like quite the active scene, reminds me of pulling water from the Charleston SC estuary this time of year!

OP
OP
bullfrog

bullfrog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely stunning, as usual! I’m constantly amazed at how much life you pack in there; what planktonic organisms did you manage to add in your water change, do you know? That shot of the surface looked like quite the active scene, reminds me of pulling water from the Charleston SC estuary this time of year!
Thanks! :) I do go "overboard" with the stocking of the tank sometimes I must admit, but it's not that bad yet, and I have no high nitrate issues so far, unlike with my old tank... Yeah, really cool with the "hitchhikers". I have no idea what any of it was specifically I'm afraid. What wasn't eaten, got sucked up by the pump and skimmer eventually...

OP
OP
bullfrog

bullfrog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another video update here. In this one I added a couple of creatures that sadly didn't last very long in the tank. Also some feeding, and checking in on other tankmates.

1.JPG

2.png

3.JPG

Not too many pictures this time, so adding a couple of short clips from the YouTube video instead...

germo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice tank. Different from anything I have seen and very interesting.

OP
OP
bullfrog

bullfrog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another update here. This time I caught a fish that made me give up on my "micro-environment" project.. (My lumpsucker isn't exactly "micro" anymore anyways, so..) A common dragonet. A fish I've never seen before, so I just had to add it to the tank.

Hope you enjoy the video. :)

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

5.JPG
6.JPG

OP
OP
bullfrog

bullfrog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a while since I updated this thread, so thought it was about time...

Been struggling a bit with algae growth, and my big Dahlia anemones have been evicted from the tank after eating a few too many of the other tank mates... Sad to see them go, as they were just stunning, but I was starting to feel like all I was doing was feeding the anemones when I introduced something to the tank...

I've made a few more YouTube videos showing what's been going on in the tank since the last time. Check 'em out if you're interested. If you like the content and want to see more, why don't you subscribe! :)

Adding a few pictures too:

1.JPG

35.JPG

4.JPG

4.JPG

1.JPG

PeterEde

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the warm welcome! Seems like a great forum this! :)

Anyways, introducing my 180L (47 gallon) Juwel glass tank. Have no sump, so it looks a bit of a mess. It's been up and running for about 1,5 years now. My first ever saltwater tank, and my first tank at all for about 25 years... It's a coldwater tank exclusively filled with creatures from my own area (Hitra, Norway) that I've caught and picked myself. (I work as a crabfisherman, so I get a lot of interesting stuff in my traps during the season.) Here's a picture of the tank from a while ago.

IMG_2467.JPG

I ran the thing without a chiller for a long time, and that worked fine enough for the most part, but got a TECO TK 500 chiller eventually that I'm very happy with. Now able to keep the temperature at 15-16C (59-61F), which is good enough.

Made a short video a while ago about the setup that you can see here:

Also made some videos of some of the inhabitants if you're interested in seeing that. They're posted below. :)

Think I'll keep it relatively short here.. If there's any questions, I'm happy to reply. :)

There's been a lot of stuff in (and out) of the tank since I first started it, so I'll finish up with a few (lot) of pictures.

IMG_3225.JPG

IMG_3129.JPG

IMG_2404.JPG

IMG_2978.JPG

IMG_1722.JPG

20191001_191803.jpg

20200131_152448.jpg

20191007_164609.jpg

20200914_151319.jpg
20190924_171621(0).jpg

Literally very cool.
Mostly we see tropical tanks

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so basically this thread has made me realize i need to go to norway to see lasse's tank, the lasse tank style public aquarium, this tank, & i need to collect all of this and ship it home

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back