My Coral Beauty Angel hasn't ate anything I feed it in 2 weeks

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a Biota Coral Beauty for about 4 months now. It's in a tank that just turned 5 months old. When I first got her I had to turn all the pumps off and squirt food in front of her to get her to eat. She always hid in the rock work and was not very out going. A few months back she got a Orchid dottyback as a tank mate and now where every the dottyback is she is. She was eating well up until 2 weeks ago At that time she just quit eating any food I put in the tank. At first I thought little of it, then I started to worry. Well 2 days ago I found out why. She's doing what Coral Beauties do in nature. I noticed she spent a lot of time picking at the rocks and bare bottom. Then right in front of me I saw her eat a small dot on the bottom. With my 60 year old glasses wearing eyes I could not tell what it was, so I got out my magnifying glass. Seems I've got a large population of Munnid isopods that she's doing her best to keep in check.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
well that's good to hear,thought i was coming to see a sick fish... :) :cool:

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back