OP
A

ayrton1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give it 3 nights and let us know how it goes. It not working, let me know and I will go over a gruel to give.
Unfortunately female didn't eat any squid stripes at night! Yesterday I tube feeded her with some mysis with selcon! I noticed when I put some mysis into the tank she waked up and swimed around the tank. 3 days ago she tasted 2 mysis but from then she didn't eat them anymore.
Have I keep tube-feeding her?

alprazo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance you could post of pic of her from above? As for tube feeds. I rec that you do them 2-3x per week until she eats on her own. It could be a long time tube feeding. The longest I've done was 9 months. I have a friend that tube fed for 15 months until his shark began to eat on its own. It is a commitment, but I feel that once we purchase the shark we owe it to the animal to do everything we can to ensure survival. The animal in the video was tube fed for about 3 months. See how fat I kept it. Now 7 years later she is alive and well and about 30 inches long. Mazuri sells a mix that I recommend. https://www.mazuri.com/mazuri/tablets-gels-other-supplements/gel-products/sharkray-gel

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OP
OP
A

ayrton1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance you could post of pic of her from above? As for tube feeds. I rec that you do them 2-3x per week until she eats on her own. It could be a long time tube feeding. The longest I've done was 9 months. I have a friend that tube fed for 15 months until his shark began to eat on its own. It is a commitment, but I feel that once we purchase the shark we owe it to the animal to do everything we can to ensure survival. The animal in the video was tube fed for about 3 months. See how fat I kept it. Now 7 years later she is alive and well and about 30 inches long. Mazuri sells a mix that I recommend. https://www.mazuri.com/mazuri/tablets-gels-other-supplements/gel-products/sharkray-gel

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks a lot Alprazo, I"ll keep to tube-feed her but it's difficult for me in Italy to buy Mazuri gel anyway I"ll put in her food selcon and vitamins.
Here is a female'photo...she is on right side.

alprazo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, she is pretty thin. Keep it up with the feeds and fatten her up. With time, effort and patience she should pull through. It can be a commitment, but you’ve
done the grunt work already by learning to effectively tube feed.

OP
OP
A

ayrton1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, she is pretty thin. Keep it up with the feeds and fatten her up. With time, effort and patience she should pull through. It can be a commitment, but you’ve
done the grunt work already by learning to effectively tube feed.
I won'the give up...you bet!!!
Thanks a lot for your support!

OP
OP
A

ayrton1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is an update.
She ate 2 live guppies and 3 silversides on friday but anything else from then. So today I tried with another live guppy but she didn't eat.
I hoped she start eating as the male did but I had to tubefeed her again!

Brian1f1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s real progress. Is it possible she doesn’t need to eat again for a few days? I’m not a shark expert, but you need to balance her need to eat with stressing her out by tube feeding (which might stop her from eating) anybody?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back