My Coral Collection - photo intense!

jdloftness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I absolutely love your photos. Would you take a minute to tell me about them? What are you taking the pictures with? What are the settings you use and do you also use filters? Are your photos taken from outside or inside the tank? My goal is to take great photos like your of my tank: albeit my corals can't compare with yours. Just spectacular! I hope to hear from you.

jdloftness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Can you tell me about your photos?

Pictures with a camera or phone?
What settings do you use and do you use filters?
Are the pictures from outside or inside the tank?
Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Sidius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following.. this collection is next level. Can't wait to see growth comparisons months from now. I too started dosing Acropower a week ago, along side my Brightwell Reef Code A/B.

How long before you noticed a difference after starting AP?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Nice pics and colors.
WHAT A GREAT WAY TO LEARN THE NAME OF SOME OF THESE SPECIMENS !!!

Birddog

Hooked on Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are the shots of WWC Pink Panther and CG Cherry Bomb. Both are very pink corals but unique in their own way.

WWC Pink Panther (Left) and CG Cherry Bomb (Right) under 8 bulb ATI and Reefbrites
Cherry Bomb and Panther 1 2-9.jpg

Cherry Bomb and Panther 1B 2-9.jpg
Cherry Bomb and Panther 2 2-9.jpg
Cherry Bomb and Panther 3 2-9.jpg

Under Radions set at 20k
Cherry Bomb and Panther 4 2-9.jpg
Cherry Bomb and Panther 5 2-9.jpg

So the first thing i noticed is that the green in the body of the Pink panther is much more noticeable. Its a very vibrant green under T5s and still noticeable under the radions. There is a hint of green with the cherry bomb body but its not nearly as bright and the PE and busy growth makes it harder to see. Next difference is the polyp color. The Cherry Bomb has a metallic pink polyp that gives it a very nice pop where as the panther has a soft pink polyp. Both look amazing under blue, however the panther polyp darkens and the cherry bomb looks more like electric pink. The last major difference i saw was that the tips of the Panther branches have yellow interior circles like eyes at the end of each branch.

If you are a sucker for pink corals like me, both of these are must haves in your collection.

Oh boy! I cannot believe it and cannot thank you enough for doing this. I think I saw earlier in the thread that you occasionally sell if you’ve got a fragable piece.... is this correct? Hope you have a great weekend.

OP
OP
Russo757

Russo757

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Ryan, thanks for linking me to this thread on your FB post yesterday.

I think we would all choose to mimic your everything given your coloration and health. I may have to make a trip down from Yorktown to check them out in person sometime.

What salt do you use and what is your WC regimen?

What other daily/weekly husbandry do you perform on the tank that might be contributing to your success?

Can you estimate the GPH of flow in the 60?

What specific bio/chemical media do you use? In a reactor? Do you run a fuge?

Thanks!
Fred

Hey Fred,

You're welcome to come visit whenever you like man. I'm a little disheveled at the moment but once the build is done it will be a lot cleaner of a set up.

Salt - I use Instant Ocean

Husbandry - Biggest change for me was when i started to monitor my nutrient levels and actively try to keep them higher than I did. I use to run very low nutrients but one day i bottomed out and it took months to rebound. So i keep my No3 around 4-8 and Po4 around .03-.06. I have been able to maintain those ranges by feeding a bit more and adding the occasional reef roids. Second would be adding acropower. My growth and color def took off once i began adding aminos. Lately I'd say switching to a calc reactor. Its only been a week but man Im loving what I'm seeing so far.

Flow - no clue but its a lot of flow.

Bio/Chem - I don't use any carbon or GFO. I dose acropower and now use a calcium reactor for my calc, alk, mag. I'll spot dose No3 if it starts to drift too low with CaNo3 but i haven't had to in months.

OP
OP
Russo757

Russo757

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following.. this collection is next level. Can't wait to see growth comparisons months from now. I too started dosing Acropower a week ago, along side my Brightwell Reef Code A/B.

How long before you noticed a difference after starting AP?

You're gonna love acropower. At least i know I do so far. I noticed improvement in PE and overall health of the corals within days. I noticed some improvement in color after two weeks and a big jump in growth around 2.5 - 3 weeks in. Next weekend will be 1 month on acropower and 2 weeks on a calc reactor, and i def have some big changes in size and color to share. I'm going to have to chop things back soon at this rate.

Z3speed4me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the UC live sale didnt just kill me I would have been all over that when I saw the FB post :(
Why didn't this get posted last week lol

OP
OP
Russo757

Russo757

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the UC live sale didnt just kill me I would have been all over that when I saw the FB post :(
Why didn't this get posted last week lol

Sorry man. I wanted to post last week but the corals needed another week of healing.

This was just round one. Round two is coming in a few weeks. Round two will be Frags off the higher end stuff I’ve been posting.

tdileo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry man. I wanted to post last week but the corals needed another week of healing.

This was just round one. Round two is coming in a few weeks. Round two will be Frags off the higher end stuff I’ve been posting.

I’m hoping I might get in on some of that :)

Back