My Coral has closed and i can't identify the Problem

Darthroman90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not an expert in Corals but my Coral is green button polyp that were doing great for a month . Now all of a sudden they are all closed, although my other polyps are doing fine , i checked phosphate levels , ammonia and every test possible , still can't identify the problem
20220124_142712.jpg
20220124_142712.jpg
20220124_142522.jpg
20220124_142522.jpg
20220124_142637.jpg

muzikalmatt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like something is on the polyp itself. Not quite sure what those little nodules are on the closed up polyps. Check for pests after lights out to see if anything is picking at the coral (nudibranchs, starfish, etc).

Also, if all of your other corals are doing well, don't go changing a bunch of stuff to save one coral. Sometimes this happens and a certain coral doesn't like our tanks and we shouldn't jeopardize the rest of the tank's inhabitants to save just one.

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your actual parameters and are they stable? Never hurts to have a second set of eyes look for anything out of balance. Have there been any changes (even seemingly insignificant ones) to your tank in the last couple months? What kind of lighting do you have (and what intensity do you have set to? Need more info to be able to point you in the right direction.

OP
OP
D

Darthroman90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like something is on the polyp itself. Not quite sure what those little nodules are on the closed up polyps. Check for pests after lights out to see if anything is picking at the coral (nudibranchs, starfish, etc).

Also, if all of your other corals are doing well, don't go changing a bunch of stuff to save one coral. Sometimes this happens and a certain coral doesn't like our tanks and we shouldn't jeopardize the rest of the tank's inhabitants to save just one.
I will check those nodules closely , and yes you're right i won't jeopardize the rest for sure z it's just i wish it opened once again

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back