OP
OP
ReefdUp

ReefdUp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I once had a LFS call me to come salvage all of the corals that I could from their tanks. Apparently a flatworm treatment went all wrong, and all of the corals were dying. I managed to save quite a few, and this was one of them: a Miami Hurricane chalice. I still have it after all of these years, and many frags have gone on to populate many other tanks!

Slide95.JPG

2014-11-8.JPG

OP
OP
ReefdUp

ReefdUp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to everyone here, for your interest and continued encouragement!

Because of all the support, I've received this immense honor! If you'll be at MACNA this year, please find me. I would love to share my appreciation for all of you, in person!

https://macna.org/speakers/nicole-bridges/

Nicole Bridges.png

jimk60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to everyone here, for your interest and continued encouragement!

Because of all the support, I've received this immense honor! If you'll be at MACNA this year, please find me. I would love to share my appreciation for all of you, in person!

https://macna.org/speakers/nicole-bridges/

Nicole Bridges.png
I won't be able to make it to Wisconsin but definitely let us know if we can see this virtually or on line after the show. Would really like to see this!

OP
OP
ReefdUp

ReefdUp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won't be able to make it to Wisconsin but definitely let us know if we can see this virtually or on line after the show. Would really like to see this!

Typically MACNA presentations are viewable after the shows (online), and I made sure to give permission for mine to be available. You should be good to go later this year (or whenever they get posted...). :star-struck:

OP
OP
ReefdUp

ReefdUp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't wait to see you all at MACNA!! Safe travels!

NanoJHB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What an awesome thread to come across !

Recently managed to revive a Micromussa that I had nearly killed ( unintentionally ), super satisfying and rewarding seeing it come back to health.

Love what you do. Keep up the great work :)

mr.lordacan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7631FAE8-93CC-4207-9783-EF30936B2014.jpeg

Not sure if you’re still active here but I came across this thread and have a quick question. I have a plate coral that seems to have some recession. The first day I thought it was sand and didn’t think anymore of it. Realized the second day that it actually appears to be the skeleton and has some recession on both sides. This photo is on day 3. I’ve moved it slightly into more light and am currently feeding it a mix of amino acids/reef roids every other day (I place a bottle top over to prevent shrimp from stealing). I’m about 7 days in and tissue recession hasn’t progressed. I need to start taking photos to determine if I’m making progress. It’s not getting worse though (I think). Is there anything more I could be doing? I haven’t dipped it in fear of upsetting it further. If I take the plunge to dip, is there a preferred brand? I know it hasn’t been stung, I have no LPS in the vicinity. I think the culprit is my goby, who had decided to drop sand on it for a sporadic period, and foolish me thought “plate corals live on the sand, it’ll be fine”. Lesson learned!

OP
OP
ReefdUp

ReefdUp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@mr.lordacan - yes, I'm still active! I just have been swamped offline and haven't had time to post.

It's always heartbreaking to see our corals not at their best. While I'm happy to help you, troubleshooting coral problems isn't my forte (I specialize in taking them in, then rehabilitating them). I recommend posting up another thread in the appropriate forum so that the entire community can help you (and obviously I'm not that active online anyway). Just send me a link, and I'll see if I have any ideas to add to the mix.

When you post up in the other forum, please make sure to include your tank water parameters, lighting and other equipment details, and at least one full-tank picture. All of that is critical to fast and thorough troubleshooting.

Best of luck!

Back