My corner of super durable BattleCorals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Tft12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just though I’d share a corner of my developing reef that’s all BatleCorals. Each of these have been through some parameters that should have caused trouble as I’ve experimented with my reef keeping strategies. Nutrients undectable to nitrate around 80 ppm and phosphate around 1.3 ppm, and alk from 13-7 dKH. The only condition that caused some tissue recession was the low alk, otherwise they just keep on going. The Shades of Fall is my favorite.

I’ve had butterflies and angels in this tank for a long time - the bald spots on the forest fire digi. There would be a large yellow tort but that same butterfly wiped it out completely a couple months ago.

Thanks for the extremely easy to keep and disease-free corals Adam!

F750333B-E1D4-47D0-965C-B991DFD5BB40.jpeg

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
CXo
Just though I’d share a corner of my developing reef that’s all BatleCorals. Each of these have been through some parameters that should have caused trouble as I’ve experimented with my reef keeping strategies. Nutrients undectable to nitrate around 80 ppm and phosphate around 1.3 ppm, and alk from 13-7 dKH. The only condition that caused some tissue recession was the low alk, otherwise they just keep on going. The Shades of Fall is my favorite.

I’ve had butterflies and angels in this tank for a long time - the bald spots on the forest fire digi. There would be a large yellow tort but that same butterfly wiped it out completely a couple months ago.

Thanks for the extremely easy to keep and disease-free corals Adam!

F750333B-E1D4-47D0-965C-B991DFD5BB40.jpeg

Cool! looks like things are doing well in there:) Thanks a lot fo the post!

OP
OP
Tft12

Tft12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's an update picture. I hadn't realized how much things had grown and changed. I moved a Saddleback Butterfly to my other system so the bald spots have healed. The Shades of Fall and Grape Juice really took off, Couchburn started growing, Miss Scarlet recovered from constantly being picked at, and the Confused Monti changed colors.

IMG_2433.jpg

OP
OP
Tft12

Tft12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other side of my display is also all Battlecorals.

Adam said the Vivid's Rainbow would change as it grew and it has changed dramatically. As this one grows out it develops so many more colors.

IMG_2443.jpg

IMG_2449.jpg

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Is that coral right to the right of your tang the SWK Invalida?

Beautiful colors on that one.

I lost almost all of my Battlecorals due to my tank being too young when I added the pack. Only have the Garf Bonsai, and FF Digi remaining. I love that SWK!

OP
OP
Tft12

Tft12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That green one with purple tips is Rainbows in Spain. I like it a lot it grows easily so I have a few colonies spread around the tank.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 31 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back