My Current USA Orbit Marine LED light just died - opportunity for a better 100g tank reef light

craigcl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 100g reef tank (48" long, 20" deep) that I've had for 15+ years, last 5 of which had lighting from two Current USA Orbit Marine LED strips. One of them just died so figured I would take this opportunity to get some lighting that would allow me to keep SPS and LPS corals given the depth of my tank (20"). It's been a while since I've looked at lighting so I googled around and found myself here.

Is it feasible to find a lighting solution in the $300-$350 range that would work for my situation? I've thought about to a 125-150g tank at some point but probably not super soon. Any feedback appreciated.

Dbichler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Viparspectra or noopsyche would be about it at that price range reefbreeders if willing to spend a little more. I run noopsyche had reefbreeders loved those as well.

OP
OP
C

craigcl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply. I'm currently leaning towards getting two Viparspectra 165 Watt lights as our tank is 60" long:

Do you think there'd be any issues with these lights and keeping things like anenomes, bubble corals, or leather corals?

Thanks!

Back