My Dirty little (well, not so little) Secret

Ebslinger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Brute trash cans, on wheels, filled with water in my home... One with RO/DI water, and one with mixed salt water.

Every time I have people over they always wonder...

I think they are thinking: "Why does this guy keep his trash inside his house?"

Fortunately, no one has ever thrown their empty beer bottles in them.

It feels good to get this off my chest.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this point people have seen me do so much fish stuff from chiseling rock to drilling holes in a brand new fish tank they probably think i’m crazy. I wouldn’t worry about it.

When we moved into our brand new house and I was starting to build my system, I had to get the hammer drill out for some wall mounts on the basement walls. Wife came down to the basement to see me drilling the wall and said "what are you doing?" And I said "I'm working on the tank!". She just rolled her eyes and walked away! She understands now, but back then I'm sure she thought I lost my mind! ;Jawdrop

Jay Z

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When we moved into our brand new house and I was starting to build my system, I had to get the hammer drill out for some wall mounts on the basement walls. Wife came down to the basement to see me drilling the wall and said "what are you doing?" And I said "I'm working on the tank!". She just rolled her eyes and walked away! She understands now, but back then I'm sure she thought I lost my mind! ;Jawdrop
Lol. When my folks showed up yesterday I had the table saw outside. Mom asked what I was doing. Told her working on my fish tanks.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My husband hates tank stuff. I'm sure my neighbors have wondered why the UPS guy has been at my house early in the morning in his own car...he brings LIVE shipments while they load his truck. I keep Red bull for him in the fridge to say thanks!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have two big brutes and 2 - eight gallon brutes. I keep mine in a 4 season room, so in summer it stays warm and winter it is cool but heaters go on keeping them at temp

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 64 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back