My DIY all day frozen food dispenser.

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like this idea.

Try an insulated container, yeti? And drill a tiny hole in the bottom (find a rubber plug at your local hardware store that fits).

then you can dilute the food in more water (and freeze the whole cup+food) and it would very slowly drip out the bottom hole into the tank then put the plug back in and repeat? I know those cups can stay cold/hot all day just about..

OP
OP
Reefs anonymous

Reefs anonymous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Reefs anonymous

Reefs anonymous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like this idea.

Try an insulated container, yeti? And drill a tiny hole in the bottom (find a rubber plug at your local hardware store that fits).

then you can dilute the food in more water (and freeze the whole cup+food) and it would very slowly drip out the bottom hole into the tank then put the plug back in and repeat? I know those cups can stay cold/hot all day just about..

I want to be able to just reload the food. I actually though of that but if food goes into the insulated part it will rot. I tried flipping the Cup upside down and drip it through the caps mouth piece. It works but was trying to make it a little more visually appealing.

jimk60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you freeze the food and water together in the spice container instead of the ice cube trays? That way I think you would have a more solid freeze and a slower melt. You could freeze two or three at a time and pull them out as you need them.

OP
OP
Reefs anonymous

Reefs anonymous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another idea was to feed live brine all day. I bought this product and going to give it a go. Most lfs closed at the moment so I have to wait to get live brine tomorrow to give it a go. Basically I will put some cheato in the tank so the pods and brine have something to grab onto and not all be dispensed all at the same time. They should drop out every now and then. This overflow refuge will pump fresh aquarium water in at a very slow rate and I figure the live food will eventually fall into the tank. There are two sizes of this product. I got the large size

OP
OP
Reefs anonymous

Reefs anonymous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you freeze the food and water together in the spice container instead of the ice cube trays? That way I think you would have a more solid freeze and a slower melt. You could freeze two or three at a time and pull them out as you need them.

thought about that too, you will have to lay the bottle on it’s side to freeze it otherwise all the food will fall to the bottom of the container. Then all the food will dispense in a short period of time because the bottom will all melt at once.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back