94691384-705B-4DE6-AA6C-FDEE25F844B1.jpeg

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what a ride I read from the 1st post.
glad you got the micro bubble and leaking bulk heads figured out.

I also love reefs but what a large FOWLR dont think i'll go as big as your unless I find the deal of a life time. but you never know?

how are you liking the bansea skimmer so far? after your suggestion on the skimmer post I am really thinking about one, down the road in a year so so when I get the basement reno started and completed. oh and get the GF "permission on yet another tank.

what healing did you go with?
any regrets on a acrylic tank?
what materiel did you use to make your old ATS?

OP
OP
Feet4Fish

Feet4Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what a ride I read from the 1st post.
glad you got the micro bubble and leaking bulk heads figured out.

I also love reefs but what a large FOWLR dont think i'll go as big as your unless I find the deal of a life time. but you never know?

how are you liking the bansea skimmer so far? after your suggestion on the skimmer post I am really thinking about one, down the road in a year so so when I get the basement reno started and completed. oh and get the GF "permission on yet another tank.

what healing did you go with?
any regrets on a acrylic tank?
what materiel did you use to make your old ATS?
I like the Bashea skimmer a ton. Has. It given me a single problem since set up. I have the largest model although they can make custom sizes for you. I have mine external plumbed and driven off a manifold which is connected to a Reeflo barracuda. That manifold also runs a micron filter, a 8-30 Bashea bio reactor and a trickle tower.
Heating for me is super easy. I have the BRS 600w schego Heating Elemis x 2. The thing is though that my with the acrylic and my pumps the water runs at 77 most of the time. I only have one heater plugged in and it only really turns on if the basement temp drops below 50 for a few days in a row.

Personally love acrylic for big tanks.Great Insulator and no silicone to leak or give way. Easy to buff to even with water in it.

Used 1/2” PVC board for the ATS

Bicol_Xpress

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am on cloud nine. Yesterday my wife surprised me and told me that she found and bought a 650 gallon acrylic tank. The guy who owned the tank has been in the hobby for over 30 years and has accumulated a tremendous amount of equipment. In the sale not only did I get the tank but I got to 90 gallon aquariums, a 55 gallon aquarium, and 3 30 gallon aquariums. I also got two large UV sterilizer's, a ET SS protein skimmer and multiple large pumps including an iwaki 100 R LT and a dolphin pump. I got all this for pennies on the dollar. It just shows the opportunities that you can come a crossed if you watch. This guy has some life circumstances that was forcing him out of the hobby and he was just wanting unload it as quick as possible.

I'm going to take this build very slow and I'll document every portion of it. I got a lot of the stuff back to my house yesterday and I'll go up on November 13 to get the tank and some other equipment. I plan on reaching out for input on certain selections such as synod and skimmers and maybe a few other ideas. Is by far the biggest system I've never tackled but I am absolutely excited and ecstatic about it. I'll post a few pictures below then I think sensational these are pictures sent by the seller but I'll keep this build thread going.
Wow... Nice score.. Hope everything works out for you

dzfish17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stocking update on the 650! Just have a few left on mi stocking list for this tank!

Great find... That's a "dream tank" for sure. Mine is the same length and width but only 46" tall. I'm in the process of turning it from fish only to reef. I'm following

NautiTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank, fish, aww shucks the whole darn setup is a real bang up job! I like it so much that I may have reported one of your videos commenting on how healthy ("porky" was the specific word that may have been mentioned) your fish are.
P.S. I'm glad you stuck through it and finished setting it up!

OP
OP
Feet4Fish

Feet4Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank, fish, aww shucks the whole darn setup is a real bang up job! I like it so much that I may have reported one of your videos commenting on how healthy ("porky" was the specific word that may have been mentioned) your fish are.
P.S. I'm glad you stuck through it and finished setting it up!
Thanks for the compliment! Was a long time coming but overall very happy with it. Creating an environment where fish can thrive has always been my goal.

NautiTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've read in several places that they eat pretty virulently but if you were to try you may have to let it grow out before throwing in into the lions den. You're right though its probably for the best not to have one in there, it would be cool though.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back