My Dream Tank - 650 Gallons!

Feet4Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am on cloud nine. Yesterday my wife surprised me and told me that she found and bought a 650 gallon acrylic tank. The guy who owned the tank has been in the hobby for over 30 years and has accumulated a tremendous amount of equipment. In the sale not only did I get the tank but I got to 90 gallon aquariums, a 55 gallon aquarium, and 3 30 gallon aquariums. I also got two large UV sterilizer's, a ET SS protein skimmer and multiple large pumps including an iwaki 100 R LT and a dolphin pump. I got all this for pennies on the dollar. It just shows the opportunities that you can come a crossed if you watch. This guy has some life circumstances that was forcing him out of the hobby and he was just wanting unload it as quick as possible.

I'm going to take this build very slow and I'll document every portion of it. I got a lot of the stuff back to my house yesterday and I'll go up on November 13 to get the tank and some other equipment. I plan on reaching out for input on certain selections such as synod and skimmers and maybe a few other ideas. Is by far the biggest system I've never tackled but I am absolutely excited and ecstatic about it. I'll post a few pictures below then I think sensational these are pictures sent by the seller but I'll keep this build thread going.

Reefmon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following. I get excited when I get a deal on a single equipment I can't imagine how you feel about a set up that big and that much.

Load it up with pictures.

DarkTang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious on how much you paid... pm me please lol just curious

OP
OP
Feet4Fish

Feet4Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following. I get excited when I get a deal on a single equipment I can't imagine how you feel about a set up that big and that much.

Load it up with pictures.

I am completely stoked. I literally should be able to sell enough of the stuff I got Texie pay for the purchase of the tank out right. I will deftly load up with tons of pictures. Like I said I will begin the actual tank to my house until 13 November but I'll be gone hogwild sorting through everything, getting everything cleaned up and starting a plan of attack. My wife is absolutely amazing and I told her she didn't have to worry about getting me a gift for years!

OP
OP
Feet4Fish

Feet4Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious on how much you paid... pm me please lol just curious

I paid $3750 for everything. The tank is two years old and I have the invoice where her paid 8k for it. It was a big chubby of money pit couldn't pass it up!

I likely have what I paid for it in equipment that I won't use and I can sell.

Other things included were 2 Milwaukee salinity monitors, 2 ph probes, gold apex package, 2 400 halides, 5 stage ro/di unti, 100 gallon dump, several hundreds pounds of live rock, a bunch of plumbing parts, two 4 channel dosers , 2 stenner peralstatic pumps, and about 10 various power heads, and more stuff that I can't even think of. To me it was the deal of a life time!

Last edited:

Ljaus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man you got a deal and your wife is owed countless foot rubs and needless to say the remote will be hers moving forward. Looking forward to your build! Your going full reef!

+1 on this. You need to buy her flowers every week for a year! Can't wait to see this tank. Definitely following

OP
OP
Feet4Fish

Feet4Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1912.JPG
IMG_1922.JPG
IMG_3304.JPG