My DSUNY LED review (1 year) & 2015 failure

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
'Oliver' is also the same person I have dealings with.. telling me to disassemble and take video and pictures. Just a complete runaround. These lights are garbage. 3 of the 4 I bought have completely failed now. I purchased back in Nov 2017. Don't buy D Suny or Pop bloom, they will disappoint you.
That is a sad story.. What model?

Oliver@DSunY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I am Oliver.

Please there are 2 types of warranty for the light more than 1 year.
1, ship it back to us for check and repair. if no-human damage, it is FREE. You only pay the shipping cost.
2, we work together to find out the bug point, if no-human damage(water drop in) , I give you the replacement free and you only pay the shipping cost. There is also 30% discount if you want a new light panel.

For your case, you said 3 panels problem. as you know, they are independent and technical speak, it is really un-normal.
So I got this case and technical support you.

Please I hope you understand that a short video or pictures may much help me best understand the status and find out the bug point.
I am waiting them from my last mail on SUNDAY April 14. But seems you are very busy and no time to help me...
attached picture prove this.

无标题.png

asting

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is return shipping to China? Due to USPS subsidies it is way more to send something back than to the US.

Oliver@DSunY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, ship it to US is a little cheaper and more fast than back.
As I know, The final price of USPS or other postage service is up to your local city, and normally only 2 weeks. A friendly customer even told me it is only cost USD 28 to ship a panel back.

Anyway, I would like help the customer find out the bug point before shipping. this may help make the best right solutions.

HexaReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had popblooms for a few months now. Easy to operate, and corals love them. Remember! Most reviews come from bad experiences, but most experiences are good. 1 bad experience equals 100 good ones. These lights are awesome
cd759cfe7017fa9aa0d0ec0d60e77af4.jpg
a97bbcfcf4abd36f794f74091fe5d84e.jpg
4fa516f6db7e7fd4b8d676b764463d81.jpg

Oliver@DSunY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a 39" light in March 2017 with wifi. First the power supply failed in october 2018 and then the light failed in January 2019. I contacted oliver and he pleasant. He of course said it was water damage after he had me take it apart. Funny enough it was where the power cable is soldered to the circuit board and has sealant all around it.

Please I am sorry for this and Please there is no tiny "pleasant" when I know any customer occur problem with our light.
Maybe is it because you see "smile face" in my mail, I do it when I try to comfort and encourage some one to solve the problem.

Please I am engineer, so I only say "water drop in" when there is water mark or some dirty things in the light. Also, I always point it in the picture to prove it.

Have you order the new T5 light?
.I do not remember this case, would you please mail me ? I very try my best to help you make a fair and seasonable solutions. Is OK?

:)

Oliver@DSunY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been looking at these for my new 225. It’s 6ft x 2ft x 30” deep. I think the biggest challenge is figuring out which versions to get.

I was going to purchase 4 of the 75cm (30 in) fanless (Black) but the comments by Oliver on here seem to indicate that the fan versions would be better for my depth of tank. The are also to fanless versions including the black 75cm with 122 LEDs and the ones with the white covers with fewer LEDs and a completely different spectrum/led layout.

The fan versions are 40led each but says the listed power usage is only 90 watts so I’m assuming they are under-driving them at 2+ watts each. And the 75cm 122led are listed at the same 90w so they must be using lower wattage diodes.

I did purchase one of the 50cm black fanless last week on auction for cheap to see if I liked the layout and so far I am impressed.
bee5cd2341d564bded5361b74b5454c3.jpg

Yes, it is every very challenge for me to give suggestion about fan or fanless version. :)
Private speak, I would like fanless more than fan version. it is more best cover the tank and save 30% power consumption. but cost is higher.

For your case, the tank look very nice and I can sure there is no tiny shadow even at the corner of the bottom after you install another light panel.

Oliver@DSunY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had popblooms for a few months now. Easy to operate, and corals love them. Remember! Most reviews come from bad experiences, but most experiences are good. 1 bad experience equals 100 good ones. These lights are awesome
cd759cfe7017fa9aa0d0ec0d60e77af4.jpg
a97bbcfcf4abd36f794f74091fe5d84e.jpg
4fa516f6db7e7fd4b8d676b764463d81.jpg

Cool arm! very nice! :)

Matt Dunbar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I am Oliver.

Please there are 2 types of warranty for the light more than 1 year.
1, ship it back to us for check and repair. if no-human damage, it is FREE. You only pay the shipping cost.
2, we work together to find out the bug point, if no-human damage(water drop in) , I give you the replacement free and you only pay the shipping cost. There is also 30% discount if you want a new light panel.

For your case, you said 3 panels problem. as you know, they are independent and technical speak, it is really un-normal.
So I got this case and technical support you.

Please I hope you understand that a short video or pictures may much help me best understand the status and find out the bug point.
I am waiting them from my last mail on SUNDAY April 14. But seems you are very busy and no time to help me...
attached picture prove this.

无标题.png

That's nice 'Oliver', Now display all the emails going back to Nov 2018 where we clearly have conversations about the video I sent you. At this time you say nothing about not being able to open them.

asting

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah this seller seems shady. Posting conversations with customers publicly is also pretty low brow.

For the record, shipping something this size back to China (I assume that's the origin) is a minimum $100, realistically $150+ endeavor if you want any sort of tracking or confirmation.

Musclebai

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
landed on this page googling issues about dsuny..in my case got a 2 panel for 170$ ...worked fine for 15 months(a bt too powerful imho)....the controls and settings are good..aopp a bit flaky but not unmanageable...after 15 months the blue leds stopped working,,,,:(

AQUANATURE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at buying 10 units for 12ft tank, 1 for the frag tank, and and green grow one for the fuge. Im thinking not now

steeb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought the LEDs in June 2016. They work. Both power bricks have gone out. The brick costs $35 to replace. It needs another replacement as one light is stronger than the other.

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so glad you shared this nightmare. Sorry it happened to you. I thought about buying their light, the reviews were good for the mos t part and the youtubes of the lights in peoples tanks look fantastic! The colors very vivid and with the white on. Thats the look I like. Color pop without using a lot of blues.

I decided to stay away from any amazon or ebay lights an buy from a credited store like BRS. I believe they will back you If you have a problem. They wont carry lights that are going to be constant problems for them. Only thing is mos t of them are from China anyway like maxspect and zetlight and no way to ever speak on the phone. Always email.

I am a newb to all this and I have a feeling I might be infor some trouble connecting to wifi or one channel wont work or who knows! I just turn my 10 gallon and my 36 on and off but looking to change that and get some good lights. Probably the reason for poor growth! lol I never even bothered to program it. To difficult! haha Not worth the effort with the biocube lights. They suck!

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am Oliver, product manager at DSunY.

Please it is me who technically supported 3 years ago, I am very sorry for this.

Please the light warranty service is include 3 stages.
Stage 1, 1th month: return and full refund
* Not-like or human damage: buyer pay shipping cost
* defect of non-human damage: we choice shipping way and refund the shipping cost after receive it.
Stage 2, 1th year:
* human damage and repair: buyer pay shipping cost back & forth.repairment is free
* human damage and no repair: order replacement on the price of only our cost.
* non-human damage and repair: buyer ship it to us. repairment and ship back is free
* non-human damage and no repair: buyer must prove the problem. replacement is free and buyer pay shipping cost. .
Stage 3, 3 years:
*repair: buyer pay shipping cost back & forth.repairment is free
*replacement: buyer must prove the problem. there is 15% discount for replacment

For you case, I saw the water mark on the board. so I give you the "human damage,give up repair" warranty service.

BTW, I would like talk about the provement more. As you say, the advantage of our light is modular.
there is no tiny offend but there is really someone cheat for a new light panel. It is unfair for the honest buyer if we give up

"provement",Maybe this may give buyer many troubel, We have to stronly insist on it. We promise we will try our best to guide buyer show the problem and try our best to make things easy and fast solve it.
About how much is shippiing costs back and forth to china? I tried to return a shirt one time and the costs were more than I paid for the shirt. It was insane!

Steveant1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I'm from England and have a problem with the power plug the light keeps dimming on one side swap the power plugs over and the other light keeps dimming and the one that was is ok now so definitely the power plug. It is less then a year old so still under warranty so the quotation is what is the best way to go about it getting sorted.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back