My EcoTech Dilemma - Vortechs Won't Talk To One Another

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OzarksReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased a Vortech MP10 QD driver and used it to update my older EcoSmart driver. At the same time, I purchased a new MP10-QD Mobius for use on the same tank. That's when the dilemma began...

The older driver, despite being QD is not able to be updated to Mobius because of the older RF Chip inside. No problem - I can just buy a chip to upgrade it. Only they're out everywhere ... like everywhere in the world. EcoTech support does not know when they will be restocked. My only option with this MP10 is to control it using a WXM module.

OK, so I'll just roll back the firmware on the Mobius MP10 and control them both with the WXM.

Not so fast - the firmware on that vortech responds with "This device is not eligible for rollback." EcoTech support acknowledges the issue, but doesn't know when the firmware will be updated. I've looked everywhere for information on this rollback functionality problem but it doesn't look like EcoTech shares it when they sell the Mobius editions. I suspect they've addressed the problem in the newest stock but older inventory is still out there being sold with the problem.

So I have two Vortechs that cannot work together as Master/Slave and the vendor doesn't have any idea when they'll fix the problem. Am I alone in this dilemma or are there other users out there who have worked through it successfully. Any advice appreciated.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan to run my WXM capable vortech pumps until the day I exit the hobby. Figure the drivers ought to last ‘forever’ so hopefully should I need a new dryside they’ll remain compatible.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back