My experience with Radion Gen5 and Mobius

CoralNerd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I changed my schedule from 65% to 100% as I finally understood the schedule function today vs set points. I left my setpoint at 65%. I then put the lights on acclimation with the start at 65%.

Later in the day I thought the tank looks blue where's the cool whites, UV and other leds. I look at my ph and it's low like the peak lighting never came on. I restarted my cell phone. Then I had to reset the radions for them to them to function properly. I guess mobius had a hiccup or something.

OP
OP
CoralNerd

CoralNerd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mobius does still have little quirks here and there, but its 1000& better than EcoSmartLive!
The one thing it's not better than is gen4 and apex. Apex never hiccups. I put off upgrading to gen5 because of this.

OP
OP
CoralNerd

CoralNerd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It took me a while to figure out that there is a set point intensity and a schedule intensity. Coming front an AI light, I was so confused when my light showed now change as I changed just the set point intensity. lol
When I first got my gen5s I had a ton of questions for my friend that's used the gen 5 over a year. That Turkey turns out didn't know all the answers lol. I told him yesterday about how schedule and set points work and he didn't comment on it.

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one thing it's not better than is gen4 and apex. Apex never hiccups. I put off upgrading to gen5 because of this.
Could very well be. I've never integrated Any AI/Ecotech to my Apex as I don't mind controlling them through their native app.

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
When I first got my gen5s I had a ton of questions for my friend that's used the gen 5 over a year. That Turkey turns out didn't know all the answers lol. I told him yesterday about how schedule and set points work and he didn't comment on it.
Now that I am used to the Mobius app, the setpoint intensity and schedule intensity makes total sense.

• Use the setpoints to control the spectrum and any sun up/sun down simulations.
  • Once you have that figured out, use the schedule intensity to decide how much par you want.

OP
OP
CoralNerd

CoralNerd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Now that I am used to the Mobius app, the setpoint intensity and schedule intensity makes total sense.
Both ways work but it makes more sense to me this way.

• Schedule 100%
• Setpoints control your intensity along with color channels. That way when you put your setpoints at a number it's actually at that intensity. This way the jagged line goes away on Mobius in place for a solid line. Most importantly you don't have to calculate a percentage to get your actual intensity.

People may also get confused as they will think the jagged line vs solid line has something to do with acclimation.

Solid line graph below for other users.

Screenshot_20210419-090055_Mobius.jpg

Last edited:

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 35 61.4%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back