My Experience With TM All For Reef - Thaughts on my numbers?

Clown2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a 32.5 gallon flex which after sand and rock has around 100 litres of water pretty much perfect for all for reef dosing as the recommended starting dose is only 5 ml a day

Prior to dosing my alk was getting way to low compared to my fresh mixed water (reef crystals). Now All For Reef is keeping the numbers stable and I’m letting water changes slowly raise parameters to that of the salt mix. I also do not dose on my water change day knowing my fresh mixed water has much higher alk than my tank.

Have noticed my Lps coral are looking fluffy and bright better than before. So here are my numbers for the past 3 weeks, week one no dosing just water changes when alk got too low, Weeks 2 (10 jan) and 3 daily 5ml all for reef daily except for Saturdays. Overall I’m happy with the result so far.

1642655278199.png

Personally i feel some of the jumps are down to test accuracy either due to the test kit or an error on my part as 1 drop for ca for example is a 5ppm difference in the end result.

What are your thaughts, am I on the right track With dosing?

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes you are on the right track, as the corals will grow the consumption will increase and you will find that you need to increase the dosage but so far so good.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back