0   0   0
I changed my light schedule. He is happy now
IMG_20190410_221641.jpeg

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank y'all for this thread. A great amount of information. I am hoping to add one to my upcoming Max-S 650 (8 T5s 4 Kessil 360s)... and by adding I mean in 2020. When planning my aquascape, plan on a "peak" for it to go in the tank. Now time search for the medication and acclimation details.

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do they move? They look like they are in sand bed? What type of light you use? I would have thought they would have been higher for more par.

Btw. Georgeous!

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do they move? They look like they are in sand bed? What type of light you use? I would have thought they would have been higher for more par.

Btw. Georgeous!
Thanks.
I got lots of light in my tank. 8 Radions g3 and pro combinations overa 6 foot tank plus spotlights. My anemones hardly ever move. Gigantea and Magnifica are content with bright light and good water movement

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My current mag, not the most colorful, is starting to get a bit big (almost 18"). No signs of any splitting yet.

5F7EAA0F-91B4-40FF-AC1B-0708F485702B.jpeg

BD25C798-1A4E-4354-BC4E-A57B78E999F0.jpeg
"...,not the most colorful,...."
You really set sight for a very colorful Magnifica. Your's is a blue tipped Magnifica.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More colorful in pictures (unintentional, just lousy photographic skills) than to the naked eye.

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i received my Mag today... it was kept according to the dealer in a tank for months. I acclimated to the tank and went on its island no problem. What signs an im looking for to determine if the anemone is healthy? I heard if the anemone deflates...not a good thing. I also heard if the tentacles deflate not a good thing... what am i looking for?

Last edited:

Wildblue4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i received my Mag today... it was keep according to the dealer in a tank for months. I acclimated to the tank and went on its island no problem. What signs an im looking for to determine if the anemone is healthy? I heard if the anemone deflates...not a good thing. I also heard if the tentacles deflate not a good thing... what am i looking for?

What you said are the things to look for. Also if the mouth starts to gap open you may want to pull him and start antibiotics.

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What you said are the things to look for. Also if the mouth starts to gap open you may want to pull him and start antibiotics.
Mouth is tight... it took to the rock immediately... only concerns are some of the tentacles are deflated at certain times...and it doesnt appear sticky at all. I sent an email to the dealer.. they stated this is normal as he needs to adjust to the new environment. Good advice?

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't do anything until I saw 2 complete deflations. A complete deflation it looks like it's going to die in a few minutes :)

If it does that once and then does it again one or two days later, treat it.

Wildblue4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iv had two. Both deflated their tentacles every once in a while. Like Ardeus said if it completely deflates a couple times in a row it needs to be treated. When they deflate they die fast.

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't do anything until I saw 2 complete deflations. A complete deflation it looks like it's going to die in a few minutes :)

If it does that once and then does it again one or two days later, treat it.
Thanks guys! you have any images i could use as a point of reference?

Wildblue4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He seems to be pulled in. Hard to tell if you just put him in. They will find a spot they like. You have good lights? These guys need it. You ordered Cipro? Be ready with a 10 gallon tank and read the sticky thread on here. Only thing I did differently was I didn’t change my water daily. If it stayed clear I left it.

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He seems to be pulled in. Hard to tell if you just put him in. They will find a spot they like. You have good lights? These guys need it. You ordered Cipro? Be ready with a 10 gallon tank and read the sticky thread on here. Only thing I did differently was I didn’t change my water daily. If it stayed clear I left it.
Yes i have 4 orphek v4 g2. The nem is in an sps dominant tank. In the past i've had pretty good success with BTA. I have had my colorado sunburst since early 2017, It has split over 6 times. I really wanted a Mag as they are so beautiful. I have one of my old radion g4 XR30 that ill put over my 3 gallon tank. I know what deflated looks like know unfortunately.

Lights:
1583690851790.png

Current BTA's

1583690882201.png

1583691226352.png

Wildblue4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah looks like he needs Meds. Shipping is really hard on these Nems. Get him in some medicine and he may survive. Best of luck.

DraggingTail

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is a PITA. Kinda wish I would not have gotten it. Always catering to it for flow and moving coral when it decides to move around. Especially after it crawled across a sunset milli and some type of smooth acro. Completely smoked them. I do not do anything special for it and it is very healthy with a very dark purple foot and the clowns love it.

Not long ago I ran fallow to eradicate velvet and it seemed to shrink without the clowns for 76 days but it is back to normal now. sitting at the top of the tank getting blasted by the spray bar.

When the clowns eat, they take it food before eating themselves.

IMG_20200222_111754.jpg

Back