My Father, Art, I will miss you dearly ...

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very sorry for your loss. As my father's health issues creep up, I know that day is coming for me as well. I pray you are given the strength and courage to manage all the overwhelming emotions you are feeling.

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will keep you and your family in our prayers. It’s tough for sure to lose a parent. Lost my father in 1998 at only 50yo, he was a quadriplegic the last 16 years and taught me more about working hard in any way possible and being sure to do something good for others than I could’ve imagined I would have learned.

My pastor shared the best advise on losing someone close; Try and focus more on celebrating your father’s life than you do mourning what you lost.

Wiz and Puth said it best... “I’ll tell you all about it when I see you again”

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m so sorry. I lost my dad two years ago come St Patrick’s day. It’s very hard still and I’m fighting tears right now. A song, a day, a feeling will brush over me and I think of him. I see him in places. Prayers for you at this very difficult time.

destro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm shattered for you as nothing pains more than death of a loved one.

I share this hobby with my father currently so we spend a great deal of time together doing anything related to aquariums, fish, corals, etc. I'm grateful for this hobby because it keeps us close. He's taught me so much and I've showed him a thing or two! ;)

Use this time to reflect. Be positive and do something that you know would make your father smile in heaven.

OP
OP
Greg P

Greg P

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for such kind words. I'd like to reply to you each individually but there's a lot to take care of now.

Sorry to bring you all down with me but I was home alone last night and overwhelmed.

Bfragale

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Condolences to you and your family.
It’s hard man, lost my father when I was 23 and he was 49. That was 7/7/07 and it’s still rough. Hang in there my friend. Keep surrounded by friends and family, things will never be the same that’s for sure, but you will learn to live with your loss. What helped me was to try to change my thinking. When ever I felt sad or depressed I tried to tell my self to think of a good time we had. Was difficult in the beginning, but I kept trying this and eventually I came to peace with what happened. Sucks man, I feel for you. Take care friend. And stay strong.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you all for such kind words. I'd like to reply to you each individually but there's a lot to take care of now.

Sorry to bring you all down with me but I was home alone last night and overwhelmed.
We are always here. You are never alone. I'm sorry about your Dad. I hope you remember all of the quirky things that made you laugh at him and with him.

OP
OP
Greg P

Greg P

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I washed my Truck today for the first time since before Fall. Bucket was full of brown muck.
I want the Old Man to see it clean this Sunday for His service, even if it rains before then.
I've no plans to drive it before then so I hope it'll stay kinda clean, and I've asked the crows to be kind and stay away from it :p

OP
OP
Greg P

Greg P

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dad was supposed to come home in a couple days, so it was a very big shock when he passed suddenly.
My Uncle Jim mentioned how Dad was walking the halls of the hospital and getting ready to go home ....
I'm still not over it, but I'll leave you all with this, and it will be my last post about my Dad.
We've been dealing with my Wife's Mother in hospital with terminal cancer @ 95 years old ... she went in hospital 2 days before my Dad passed ... ARGH.
She will not be going home and we'll be dealing with another funeral this spring.
This will devastate my Wife for sure.

So, for my Dad ...

I'm agnostic, but my Dad believed in a God. Go figure, huh?
I put this poem in His 'space' when we interned Him in a Wall with His ashes.
Now you are out there for the world to see Dad !!

Come With Me

God saw you getting tired And a cure was not to be
So He put His arms around you And whispered ‘Come with Me’

With tearful eyes we watched you suffer, and saw you fade away,
Although we loved you dearly, we could not make you stay.

A golden heart stopped beating, hard working hands at rest,
God broke our hearts to prove, He only takes the best.

It’s lonesome here without you, we miss you more each day,
Life doesn’t seem the same, since you’ve gone away.

When days are sad and lonely, and everything goes wrong,
We seem to hear you whisper, ‘Cheer up and carry on’.

Each time we see your picture, you seem to smile and say,
‘Don’t cry, I’m in God’s keeping, we’ll meet again someday’.

You never said ‘I’m leaving’, you never said ‘Goodbye’,
You were gone before we knew it, and only God knew why.

A million times we needed you, a million times we cried,
If love alone could have saved you, you never would have died.

In life we loved you dearly, in death we love you still,
In our hearts you hold a place, that no one could ever fill.

It broke our hearts to lose you, but you didn’t go alone,
For part of us went with you, the day God took you home.

P1010003 - 2.jpg

Art & Greg 2.jpg

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greg buddy, you’re strong. Keep that truck nice and clean. My wife lost her father a year ago. Can’t tell you how much I cried. I felt so sorry for my two boys to lose their grandpa. And my youngest was just a toddler at the time.

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Scott R
This was a big shock to our family as my dad was quite young at only 77

I hope to never see this happen to any other reefers as this is very shocking
I completely understand, I lost my Dad at 59, the day before my birthday. It was devastating to say the least. I still miss him 2 years later but I know he is celebrating in Heaven. I will pray for you and your family.

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back