My favorite room in the house...

TampaFlyGirl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone -

My name is Alissa and I live in Tampa, FL. I'm a long time lurker...usually in the coral sales. I've gone through a series of tanks and landed where I am now, excited to share with you all. I started with a 20g mini reef and learned A LOT, as I'm sure you can imagine.

I was tipped off on an estate sale that a local saltwater enthusiast was holding and ended up with two 60g cubes, a 125g and his entire inventory of equipment, RODI station, lighting, etc. I've since sold off one of the 60 cubes, but kept the other two tanks for myself. The 60 cube has been my holding tank for all of my original livestock/corals (20g), but also all of the estate sale livestock/coral. I've completed the rock-scape and build out, and the transfer into the 125g mixed reef has started. The 60g will soon be gutted and redone as a Nem/Clown only tank. It has been a journey.

IMG_9279-scaled.jpg

IMG_7790-scaled.jpg

IMG_9264-scaled.jpg

IMG_9276-scaled.jpg

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone -

My name is Alissa and I live in Tampa, FL. I'm a long time lurker...usually in the coral sales. I've gone through a series of tanks and landed where I am now, excited to share with you all. I started with a 20g mini reef and learned A LOT, as I'm sure you can imagine.

I was tipped off on an estate sale that a local saltwater enthusiast was holding and ended up with two 60g cubes, a 125g and his entire inventory of equipment, RODI station, lighting, etc. I've since sold off one of the 60 cubes, but kept the other two tanks for myself. The 60 cube has been my holding tank for all of my original livestock/corals (20g), but also all of the estate sale livestock/coral. I've completed the rock-scape and build out, and the transfer into the 125g mixed reef has started. The 60g will soon be gutted and redone as a Nem/Clown only tank. It has been a journey.

IMG_9279-scaled.jpg

IMG_7790-scaled.jpg

IMG_9264-scaled.jpg

IMG_9276-scaled.jpg
Welcome! Amazing find!

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone -

IMG_9279-scaled.jpg

IMG_7790-scaled.jpg

IMG_9264-scaled.jpg

IMG_9276-scaled.jpg
Welcome to R2R

really nice room. I would love it there too
Welcome to R2R.JPG

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 37 59.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 16 25.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back