My favorite room in the house...

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi everyone -

My name is Alissa and I live in Tampa, FL. I'm a long time lurker...usually in the coral sales. I've gone through a series of tanks and landed where I am now, excited to share with you all. I started with a 20g mini reef and learned A LOT, as I'm sure you can imagine.

I was tipped off on an estate sale that a local saltwater enthusiast was holding and ended up with two 60g cubes, a 125g and his entire inventory of equipment, RODI station, lighting, etc. I've since sold off one of the 60 cubes, but kept the other two tanks for myself. The 60 cube has been my holding tank for all of my original livestock/corals (20g), but also all of the estate sale livestock/coral. I've completed the rock-scape and build out, and the transfer into the 125g mixed reef has started. The 60g will soon be gutted and redone as a Nem/Clown only tank. It has been a journey.

IMG_9279-scaled.jpg

IMG_7790-scaled.jpg

IMG_9264-scaled.jpg

IMG_9276-scaled.jpg
This is AWESOME!!

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone -

My name is Alissa and I live in Tampa, FL. I'm a long time lurker...usually in the coral sales. I've gone through a series of tanks and landed where I am now, excited to share with you all. I started with a 20g mini reef and learned A LOT, as I'm sure you can imagine.

I was tipped off on an estate sale that a local saltwater enthusiast was holding and ended up with two 60g cubes, a 125g and his entire inventory of equipment, RODI station, lighting, etc. I've since sold off one of the 60 cubes, but kept the other two tanks for myself. The 60 cube has been my holding tank for all of my original livestock/corals (20g), but also all of the estate sale livestock/coral. I've completed the rock-scape and build out, and the transfer into the 125g mixed reef has started. The 60g will soon be gutted and redone as a Nem/Clown only tank. It has been a journey.

IMG_9279-scaled.jpg

IMG_7790-scaled.jpg

IMG_9264-scaled.jpg

IMG_9276-scaled.jpg
Welcome to Da Reef!
Marine Biology Ocean GIF

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone -

IMG_9279-scaled.jpg

IMG_7790-scaled.jpg

IMG_9264-scaled.jpg

IMG_9276-scaled.jpg
Hi Alissa and Welcome! Glad you joined. I've done estate sales to get my dream birdbath for yard, but it never occurred to me to be stalking them for reef stuff - appreciate the heads up!!!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. Like you, I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Frag Farm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone -

IMG_9279-scaled.jpg

IMG_7790-scaled.jpg

IMG_9264-scaled.jpg

IMG_9276-scaled.jpg
Welcome to R2R! Your set ups look beautiful!! I started with a 20 Gallon tank too and 25 years later here I am with my own store with multiple 300+ gallon fish tanks!! I'm pretty new to Reef 2 Reef and love meeting new people on here, thanks for sharing. You can email [email protected] for a discount code for our website, which is fragfarmcoral.com.

JWD57NH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone -

IMG_9279-scaled.jpg

IMG_7790-scaled.jpg

IMG_9264-scaled.jpg

IMG_9276-scaled.jpg
That’s awesome… I currently have multiple tanks and I’m trying to decide what each one is going to be for.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back