My filter is blowing way to many bubbles through way more than usual what is wrong and how to fix please?

ReefBoy8

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help please!!!! My filter is blowing far to many bubbles out all of a sudden! Day 10 of cycle and it’s just started happening? Please can any one help give me any information on how to fix this and quickly please? I have the red sea max nano 75ltr plug and play tank just for insight thanks in Advance!??

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like it is somehow sucking in air. Can you take the filter stuff out, (what you can) and then put it back together. This might fix it

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

ReefBoy8

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you mean your return pump?
Hi, yes my return pump? That is what I meant.. it seems to be blowing out quite a lot of bubbles I’ve taken the filter sponge out and rinsed and cleaned in ro water I’ve turned the filter off faced the return nozzle upwards as it was facing kind of downwards still no difference? The water levels where the return pump is so look rather low if I say so myself I’m just confused on what I do??

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

ReefBoy8

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like it is somehow sucking in air. Can you take the filter stuff out, (what you can) and then put it back together. This might fix it
Yeah I think so the water level in the section my return pump is is rather low not sure why this has happened, I will post a pic so you can have a better insight of what’s going on

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 231
Upvote 0

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I think so the water level in the section my return pump is is rather low not sure why this has happened, I will post a pic so you can have a better insight of what’s going on
It is from evaporation, any evaporation is going to show in your return chamber (all the other chamber and the display will stay at the same level). You need to either regularly top it off with RODI water manually, or get an ATO. You return pump is sucking in air because the water level is too low.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

ReefBoy8

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thankyou! I actually have an ATO that came with the tank and if I’m totally honest I’ve only filled it up twice in 10 days and it apparently only lasts 3 days but I didn’t think this would happen because I didn’t use the ATO on the regular but it seems like you know what your talking about so I will start topping it up more regularly see if that changes anything :)

Upvote 0

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does your pump have an intake sponge? On my Danner pump, I have to make sure the sponge has the large side down, narrow sides vertical. Also the sponge has to be 100% seated, or I get a tiny Vortex sucking air in. Also when I clean the sponge, I turn it over several times in the sump, squeezing the air out of it.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

ReefBoy8

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just filled the ATO and within seconds my tank cleared with no bubbles coming from the return pump! Mission accomplished ;) thankyou everyone! Deffo gonna keep up with those ATOFFS

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 254
Upvote 0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back