- Blue Tuxedo Urchin x 1
- Trochus Snail x 3
- Cleaner Shrimp x 1

Fish Stocks
- Bartlett Anthias x 2
- Foxface Rabbitfish x 1
- Lawnmover Blenny x 1
- Perculiar Clown x 1
- Purple Tang x 1 (forgive me Tang Police) I am planning on upgrading to a bigger system soon

Corals
- Hammers x 7
- Torches x 6
- Neon Candy Cane x 1
- Frogspawn x 1
- Duncan Coral x 1
- Neon Duncan Coral x 1
- Chalices x 2
- Zoas 12 different types
- Vietnam Micromussa Lordhowensis x 2
- Acan Echinata x 1
- Yuma Mushroom x 3
- Rhodactic Mushroom x 1
- Discosoma Mushroom x 1
- Doughnut / Acanthophylia x 1

At this moment not planning on adding any more life into the tank. If I would recommend life stocks for a new tank, I would honestly say, lawn blenny, trochus snail, foxface, urchin. These guys really helps on containing algae issues.

OP
OP
Niam

Niam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad day today, having to remove my foxface as she starting to eat my LPS mainly, chalices, acans.

Hope she rehome to a good reefer.

OP
OP
Niam

Niam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added the only SPS into the tank.

This Tenius is given by my LFS as the owner wanted to challenge one of his customer as the customer told him that SPS cannot survive in any new tank. He wanted to proof the customer wrong as his principle is as long as the water parameters is being well taken care, all types of coral can thrive in any tank regardless of age.

Sigh... i become the test rat! Anyway i will make sure not kill this coral! Wish me luck guys!
333927B7-AD1D-4271-8A43-1ABD5164FA12.jpeg

Emptyness

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing tank. Thanks a lot for sharing. The Zoa garden looks awesome. Love every coral in your tank, but if I had to pick just one - it would probably be the rainbow discosoma.

Good luck on keeping the SPS frag alive. Maybe then you can get some nice discounts in your LFS, when the owner wins his bet :). Btw, how often do you test your water? Are you dosing something? Spot feeding the corals? Or just the fishes?

Keep the fotos coming - they are gorgeous.

OP
OP
Niam

Niam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing tank. Thanks a lot for sharing. The Zoa garden looks awesome. Love every coral in your tank, but if I had to pick just one - it would probably be the rainbow discosoma.

Good luck on keeping the SPS frag alive. Maybe then you can get some nice discounts in your LFS, when the owner wins his bet :). Btw, how often do you test your water? Are you dosing something? Spot feeding the corals? Or just the fishes?

Keep the fotos coming - they are gorgeous.

Hi! thanks for stopping by!

Glad you like the rainbow discosoma too. It is not an expensive coral but definitely spice the tank up.

Finger cross on the SPS man! I will definitely do my best to take care of it even though it was free hahaha...

I test the water one day after water change. I do weekly water change, it is not hard at all. I dose AF amino mix and vitality after water change. Coral feeding once a week one day before water change (only selected coral i.e. Acans, doughnut, candy cane). I feed them with mysis and AF LPS food.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First top view photo! Dint know it look awesome from the top!
A4D865BE-A3DF-43F3-BA5C-AD4FAD1A7350.jpeg
Wow, that got me thinking. I thought people were pulling my leg when they first told me to "look top-down" into a reef tank. That was a long time ago.

Your tank is beautiful from all angles you have posted.

I am wondering where did you get the rock you used to start this tank? I am very impressed with your aquascape and your success thus far. When that yellow-green SPS gets a little bigger maybe you can send me a frag? :)

I've been thinking I would like to visit Malaysia someday. If you got that reefscape rock off the beach then you need to tell me what beach, I will be glad to meet you there. Welcome to Reef2Reef!

OP
OP
Niam

Niam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, that got me thinking. I thought people were pulling my leg when they first told me to "look top-down" into a reef tank. That was a long time ago.

Your tank is beautiful from all angles you have posted.

I am wondering where did you get the rock you used to start this tank? I am very impressed with your aquascape and your success thus far. When that yellow-green SPS gets a little bigger maybe you can send me a frag? :)

I've been thinking I would like to visit Malaysia someday. If you got that reefscape rock off the beach then you need to tell me what beach, I will be glad to meet you there. Welcome to Reef2Reef!
Hi Kris! Appreciate your time stopping by my build thread. The rock scape tbh was ok-ish. Im planning on rescaping the whole tank as the current scape limit the numbers of coral i can keep. There a lots of shaded area. I will be updating the changes in this thread when the time has come.
Let me know when you plan to visit Malaysia i will bring you to the beach that have premade scape hahaha. Have a nice day my friend.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Congratulations @Niam! Your reef is featured today as our #ReefTank365 spotlight! Thanks for sharing your reef tank with us!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 49.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 41 53.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • None.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.1%
Back