Aquamaxx FC80 skimmer
200 w heater with controller
Nero 5 powerhead
Radion XR15 pro light
Hydrofill TI ATO controller
Hydrofill TI ATO pump
4 sticks of biolux
Red Sea Salt

B5112F61-5554-4AB2-AF52-E501874765D9.jpeg 30B9623C-5968-467C-8FA2-9C834DF800F7.jpeg

Macbalacano

Recovering Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely all on this forum! I would search around as all of these are discussed often.

Just my quick 2 cents as I have a very similar tank (yours is slightly larger and nicer equipment for sure, you can see my build thread):

- For fish, recommend: (i) make a list of fish you like/want, (ii) figure out which are compatible with the tank and each other, (iii) plan to introduce them in order of least aggressive to most aggressive.

- For adding coral, the main thing is to go slow. I would add my first coral once your tank has fully cycled and you've added your first couple of fish.

- Similar to fish, I would make a list of coral that you want and research their needs/requirements. Some are going to be much easier to keep than others. Starter corals tend to be softies, then you can move into LPS, then into SPS.

- The key to corals (and most things in reefing really) is stability in your water parameters. Focus on the basics and good husbandry, and have patience. Research a lot and you will be successful for sure!

OP
OP
jfeinmel

jfeinmel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
48 days in now and only have had 1 set back. One of my Benggai Cardinal fish got stuck on my powerhead suction side and died. Thankfully I caught it fairly quickly and my parameters didn't swing. I do have Diatoms on my sand but they don't seem to be getting out of control. Current stock:

2 clownfish
1 Benggai Cardinal Fish
1 Royal Gramma
1 Cleaner shrimp
2 Tiger Conch
2 Red Banded Trochus Snails
6 Electric Blue leg Hermit Crabs
1 Ultra Rainbow Bubble Tip Anemone

People will say "to early" for the bta but my parameters are stable and after 2.5 weeks in tank he is fully extended and has doubled in size. I test everyday and Nitrates steady at 5 ppm and phosphate b/w .03 and .15ppm with an average of .08ppm. Filtration is 32 lbs of rock, aquamaxx skimmer, 2 filter floss cups, bag of matrix biofiltration, 11 maxspect nano balls, and 4 sticks of biolux.

Going to add my first corals on March 16 from WWC:

1 birdsnest
1 cherry red gonoporia
1 green duncan
zoanthaid frag pac (4)

Already setup 2 Kaomer x1 pro wifi dosing pumps with BRS pharma 2 part with TM Part c.

Let me know what you guys think of my process and how I am doing. Also how do I take pictures of my tank with my phone??

IMG_1360.JPG
IMG_1358.JPG

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Checkout out the build,

Looks great. Rock work looks nice. Don’t rush too fast but sounds like things are going well

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back