My first aquascape

Discussion in 'Aquascape Discussion' started by Kasey, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Kasey

Kasey Member

Designed for one half of a 55 gallon- definitely not the easiest. The other half of the tank is mostly live rock overnighted from the Gulf and a bit of coralline reef rock, I’ll be stacking that when doing the big water change after my tank is done cycling. I just wanted to get that in the tank ASAP! I think it turned out alright, I’ve got flat spaces at several different heights to eventually add coral once my tank has matured. 57150432854__FF13EEFD-1708-4317-8F96-3B0152CF060B.JPG IMG_0312.JPG IMG_0313.JPG 57150432854__FF13EEFD-1708-4317-8F96-3B0152CF060B.JPG

Tags:

2. Captain Quint

Captain Quint Two Score and Five Years ago-Salty R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award R2R Secret Santa Build Thread Contributor Hospitality Award

@Kasey welcome to R2R!

Your scaping looks great and your rock is really nice looking for sure.

I don't blame you for wanting to get it in the tank to start maturing. :)

SPR1968 and Rjukan like this.
  3. Kasey

Kasey Member

I’m so excited! I ran a brackish puffer/angel tank for two years and took a break to have spine surgery. On bedrest, I did a ton of research to see what it all took to convert to saltwater. I’ve been slowly getting it put together for a few weeks now, ordering all of the appropriate test kits and digital readers, learning lingo, listening to podcasts, etc. I feel like I know a bunch and also absolutely nothing haha, I’m kind of terrified to kill something so I’m taking it super slow on everything. I’ve got everything in now and filters back on, I’ll tweak more when the water is lowered with my big water change to complete the cycle. I also have 2X OceanRevive Arctic T247 LED that my oh so sweet husband will be hanging for me tomorrow :)

IMG_0318.JPG IMG_0320.JPG IMG_0318.JPG

4. Rjukan

Rjukan Day Dreamer R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor NJRC Member

Looks awesome! Nice job. Are they drilled and pinned, or glued together somehow? Is the black line the glass or a smaller footprint you wanted to stay within? If it's the glass it's going to be hard to clean with the rock right up against it.

Edit: Nevermind you just posted more pics, came out great!!

Dimmy007, SPR1968 and Captain Quint like this.
  5. Captain Quint

Captain Quint Two Score and Five Years ago-Salty R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award R2R Secret Santa Build Thread Contributor Hospitality Award

Nice!

Always good to have one's spouse supporting our addictive hobby. :) My wife is wonderful and supportive. I'm thankful.

Sorry about the spine surgery. I'm actually getting the spine and sciatic nerve injections in hopes to not have surgery. arg

Rjukan and SPR1968 like this.
  6. SPR1968

SPR1968 Fish & Coral Addict! R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad R2R Secret Santa UK Reef Club Member Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor Hospitality Award

The aquascape looks great to me Kasey

And welcome to R2R it’s great to have you with us!

Captain Quint, Dimmy007 and Rjukan like this.
  7. Kasey

Kasey Member

Oh I got my bases covered on that one :) That black outline is 1 1/2” in from the measurements of the glass so I couldn’t screw it up! A few pieces are epoxied and glued, but I made sure I could easily lift everything and didn’t go too big.