My first aquascape

Kasey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Designed for one half of a 55 gallon- definitely not the easiest. The other half of the tank is mostly live rock overnighted from the Gulf and a bit of coralline reef rock, I’ll be stacking that when doing the big water change after my tank is done cycling. I just wanted to get that in the tank ASAP! I think it turned out alright, I’ve got flat spaces at several different heights to eventually add coral once my tank has matured.
57150432854__FF13EEFD-1708-4317-8F96-3B0152CF060B.JPG
IMG_0312.JPG
IMG_0313.JPG
57150432854__FF13EEFD-1708-4317-8F96-3B0152CF060B.JPG

OP
OP
Kasey

Kasey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Kasey welcome to R2R!

Your scaping looks great and your rock is really nice looking for sure.

I don't blame you for wanting to get it in the tank to start maturing. :)

I’m so excited! I ran a brackish puffer/angel tank for two years and took a break to have spine surgery. On bedrest, I did a ton of research to see what it all took to convert to saltwater. I’ve been slowly getting it put together for a few weeks now, ordering all of the appropriate test kits and digital readers, learning lingo, listening to podcasts, etc. I feel like I know a bunch and also absolutely nothing haha, I’m kind of terrified to kill something so I’m taking it super slow on everything. I’ve got everything in now and filters back on, I’ll tweak more when the water is lowered with my big water change to complete the cycle. I also have 2X OceanRevive Arctic T247 LED that my oh so sweet husband will be hanging for me tomorrow :)

IMG_0318.JPG
IMG_0320.JPG
IMG_0318.JPG

Rjukan

Day Dreamer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks awesome! Nice job. Are they drilled and pinned, or glued together somehow? Is the black line the glass or a smaller footprint you wanted to stay within? If it's the glass it's going to be hard to clean with the rock right up against it.

Edit: Nevermind you just posted more pics, came out great!!

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice!

Always good to have one's spouse supporting our addictive hobby. :) My wife is wonderful and supportive. I'm thankful.

Sorry about the spine surgery. I'm actually getting the spine and sciatic nerve injections in hopes to not have surgery. arg

OP
OP
Kasey

Kasey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks awesome! Nice job. Are they drilled and pinned, or glued together somehow? Is the black line the glass or a smaller footprint you wanted to stay within? If it's the glass it's going to be hard to clean with the rock right up against it.

Edit: Nevermind you just posted more pics, came out great!!

Oh I got my bases covered on that one :) That black outline is 1 1/2” in from the measurements of the glass so I couldn’t screw it up! A few pieces are epoxied and glued, but I made sure I could easily lift everything and didn’t go too big.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back