My First Attempt at the Big Time: WaterBox PP 230.6 Tank Build

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coming soon after QT involving meds and TTF: here are some pics of the fish i am getting from marinecollectors.com Elliot Lim there is good at helping with a stocking plan and QT's after he finds the fish you want, so it takes a lot longer to get what you want but the quality is beyond reproach and the shipping is via airport to airport instead of through a delivery service it is live cargo on a commercial jet. Anyway all these pics are credited to his website and the video is from his phone to mine of one of the actual fish i will be getting. He did the same system with my tang gang and they turned out great.

Angels: debated on getting these now but I am close to done with the fish stock for little while after this I will add some lyretail anthias which can be a little fiesty so don't think the angels will be an issue and also a Borbonas Anthia down the road. But if someone doesn't get along i have other tanks to move someone to that will solve that but i'm usually pretty lucky (famous last words) on the husbandry aspect of these live animal endeavors. We shall see!

Scribble: Chaetodontoplus duboulayi say that without messing up to my face and I'll owe you a dinner if we ever meet at a trade show! At the venue of your choice...but if not you pay for dinner :)

1564947289384.png

Venusta (us) depending on what science literature you read or what latin translation you use haha... but in the vernacular which may or may not have bastardized our language it is what it is and will go with the flow and call him/her venustus and for science Paracentropyge venusta but in my other hobby life Melopsittacus undulatus (budgerigar) is called Budgie in the vernacular or just plain ole parakeet. so please no corrections needed from any all knowing ones on the true name :)

1564947683615.png

Flame Angel: A good ole standby. No coral picking you little scoundrel!! or nano for you!
Centropyge loricula

1564947763172.png

Wrasses:
eeks can't wait!

Rhomboid: Cirrhilabrus rhomboidalis

1564948442251.png

Marshall Island Velvet: Cirrhilabrus luteovittatus

These guys get along with the other one and I really like their color. In the future id like to add an Australian Scott's Fairy.

1564948561385.png

Wow I’ve never even heard of most of those! Beautiful choices!

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
work gym tank....my day...lol it is peaceful and relaxing to me so im ready. I got this new puppy for free off some IG contest... me and @Bleigh are pretty lucky at those contests on there.

IMG_3115.jpg

Yay!!! So glad you got it!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is it

Thanks!

Thanks!

OP
OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a3da5211eb564d70421b93a43fafade4.jpg

90d031cae2fd0d53cd394a5f8948bf8f.jpg

3fb194c22779d0cccfb4a467aaf97303.jpg

Stetting up my trident but the tube is so flimsy it floats or gets pushed back up to top so I came up with this idea to thread it through a feeding tube rigid straw, extended beyond the tip so as not to obstruct flow and and then had to glue the clip and the straw together without harming the trident tube. SMH! This should work!

OP
OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have been waiting on pics! C'mon don't leave us hanging!
coming your way. Been sooo busy getting them turkey basted and trying to set up this dadblasted Trident and switch my lights from the apex to the reeflink so i can use the @WWC light schedule but i can't get either one hooked up ugh ugh ugh

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 40.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 17 24.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back