tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are the new frags faring?

They are doing great. Sucking up the alk and calcium I’ve never or at least hardly ever dosed before and now I’m dosing daily and I even have the AWC going for the last month or two. Loving this I’m feeling so much more connected to the tank this way. And the frags are being talked to like a true crazy person.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are doing great. Sucking up the alk and calcium I’ve never or at least hardly ever dosed before and now I’m dosing daily and I even have the AWC going for the last month or two. Loving this I’m feeling so much more connected to the tank this way. And the frags are being talked to like a true crazy person.

There’s no way you talk to your corals like I do. I scold them and laugh at them. It’s probably weird. But I also talk to inanimate objects - mainly because I find It amusing.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s no way you y’all to your corals like I do. I scold them and laugh at them. It’s probably weird. But I also talk to inanimate objects - mainly because I find It amusing.

Single bloke here, I live alone, I talk to the fish, corals, creatures all the time. ;)

OP
OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s no way you talk to your corals like I do. I scold them and laugh at them. It’s probably weird. But I also talk to inanimate objects - mainly because I find It amusing.

Haha!! Eryday! Today I told them to eat there reef chili and roods while I was gone

Last edited:

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok! So I started this thread long ago “so I thought” but then I couldn’t find it. I am now 7 months into this adventure and 3 months into the tank itself. So I will bring you up to speed and then continue live. I have journaled and documented along the way. Many on my IG @Reeferstrong
I will date the entries as to when they truly happened until I catch up. As I am currently in the diatom doldrums just passed through the GHA. So here it goes!! Thanks for reading and commenting or whatever floats your saltwater boat!
I was asked to do a thread by some friends on here @crusso1993 @Hemmdog @ngoodermuth @NY_Caveman @norfolkgarden @Katrina71 and others. So here it is...

Here is me starting this larger build and on the Mediterranean last September experiencing some real salt water !! Only water i have ever been able to float!

d14f296d1d9d93e59b65a794137b5f2d.jpg

Hello,

Hmmmm I think you may need lots and lots of benedryle your allergic to something, maybe iron. Yup has to be iron or spinach, but now that I think more it’s iron lol. I can’t believe I missed the very first post of your thread. Now I’m catching up :)

OP
OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Hmmmm I think you may need lots and lots of benedryle your allergic to something, maybe iron. Yup has to be iron or spinach, but now that I think more it’s iron lol. I can’t believe I missed the very first post of your thread. Now I’m catching up :)

Haha! Thanks doc I’ll grab some iron fortified Benadryl!!

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How do you like the awc?

OP
OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like the awc?

I love it. I set up the DOS in my water closet about15-20 feet away. I plumbed it from behind the tank under the house and then up into the water closet. The waste water goes directly into my condensation trap line for the HVAC unit and into the septic tank. Hasn’t changed the bacterial content or even any measurable salinity change in the septic system. I do three gallons a day and it happens overnight in 3 liter increments back and forth between suck out and push in. Water level doesn’t change demonstrably but I do have the ATO turn off over night during that time. As I said I hadn’t had to dose much at all up until adding my little frag family. Plus I loved setting it up and running the tubing under the house. I ran it through insulated grey cpvc. So far so good! I suck out the waste from where the overflow goes into the sump and put the fsw into the return area. Was worried about clogging the removal line so I put it inside a little filter cage.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love it. I set up the DOS in my water closet about15-20 feet away. I plumbed it from behind the tank under the house and then up into the water closet. The waste water goes directly into my condensation trap line for the HVAC unit and into the septic tank. Hasn’t changed the bacterial content or even any measurable salinity change in the septic system. I do three gallons a day and it happens overnight in 3 liter increments back and forth between suck out and push in. Water level doesn’t change demonstrably but I do have the ATO turn off over night during that time. As I said I hadn’t had to dose much at all up until adding my little frag family. Plus I loved setting it up and running the tubing under the house. I ran it through insulated grey cpvc. So far so good! I suck out the waste from where the overflow goes into the sump and put the fsw into the return area. Was worried about clogging the removal line so I put it inside a little filter cage.

I'm looking at having a pool put in next fall. I've been thinking about trying to get the "bad" water from my RODI station plumbed to it. I can't imagine it will be a lot, but figured thats a place it can use it... But I don't have a septic tank. I hate how much water we waste to make fresh clean water for the fish.

OP
OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3256.jpg
IMG_3257.jpg

IMG_3268.jpg

IMG_3269 (1).jpg

IMG_3267.jpg

Well dang nabbit!! i woke up to Blenny looking like a parade float and then after removing him from the DT I noticed this on the powder brown. Nothing new added besides my frags recently from the Live sale. I am assuming it has to be from them. So I am regretfully getting ready to FWD brownie and then treating with prazi to the DT. Removing skimmer cup, stopped carbon and turned off AWC for a few days. Everyone is eating like normal. No flashing no other marks on anyone else. Luckily the new guys aren't here yet. I will then put together a Coral isolation tank for any futures additions. live and learn. ugh

OP
OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is not my area. Do you need any advice? I know who to tag.
well i never turn down advice so tag away. I have every medicine known to man and beast so supply is not an issue. the FWD and the Prazi seems to be the way to go but i could stand corrected.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
IMG_3256.jpg
IMG_3257.jpg

IMG_3268.jpg

IMG_3269 (1).jpg

IMG_3267.jpg

Well dang nabbit!! i woke up to Blenny looking like a parade float and then after removing him from the DT I noticed this on the powder brown. Nothing new added besides my frags recently from the Live sale. I am assuming it has to be from them. So I am regretfully getting ready to FWD brownie and then treating with prazi to the DT. Removing skimmer cup, stopped carbon and turned off AWC for a few days. Everyone is eating like normal. No flashing no other marks on anyone else. Luckily the new guys aren't here yet. I will then put together a Coral isolation tank for any futures additions. live and learn. ugh
Add some melafix to the tank, Liquid vitamins and garlic extract to its foods.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 137 60.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 81 35.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Other

Votes: 63 27.6%
Back