Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3256.jpg
IMG_3257.jpg

IMG_3268.jpg

IMG_3269 (1).jpg

IMG_3267.jpg

Well dang nabbit!! i woke up to Blenny looking like a parade float and then after removing him from the DT I noticed this on the powder brown. Nothing new added besides my frags recently from the Live sale. I am assuming it has to be from them. So I am regretfully getting ready to FWD brownie and then treating with prazi to the DT. Removing skimmer cup, stopped carbon and turned off AWC for a few days. Everyone is eating like normal. No flashing no other marks on anyone else. Luckily the new guys aren't here yet. I will then put together a Coral isolation tank for any futures additions. live and learn. ugh
I wonder what’s wrong with the blenny, that’s odd. I’d observe the powder brown. Make sure it was not just sand and bruising from bumping into rocks. How would you catch the powder brown if you went to treat it?

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks willdo are you saying not to dip and then prazi?
It looks more like ich on the tang than flukes if that’s what you’re referring to. CP is how you fix that. I know you spend a lot of money to get clean fish, so I doubt your looking for “ich management” techniques this early on.

OP
OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks more like ich on the tang than flukes if that’s what your referring to. CP is how you fix that. I know you spend a lot of money to get clean fish, so I doubt your looking for “ich management” techniques this early on.
no the white spots are free floating in the water no marks on the fish other than the two flukey looking things near the top of his back.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
thanks willdo are you saying not to dip and then prazi?
Prazi is for some protozoan and flukes. You can try prazi and check fish in 24-36 hrs for improvement. If no improvement- go on to melafix. Saltwater fish repair and heal fast which will be in your favor

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no the white spots are free floating in the water no marks on the fish other than the two flukey looking things near the top of his back.
Ohh lol. That just looks like bruising to me. Keep an eye on it. Feed vitamins and supplements like vetteguy said.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Benny is weird. My wrasse’s stomach does that every time he eats. But that’s cause he’s a pig. I wonder if yours had a bowel obstruction or something.
It’s stomach inflates that much? Like a Macy’s parade float ?

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After doing some reading, it seems like blennys can get digestive blockages if they don’t get enough micro algae. Guess it’s kind of like not getting enough fiber for humans?

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s stomach inflates that much? Like a Macy’s parade float ?

Yeah. The first and second time I saw it, I freaked out. Now I know it happens every time he eats. I’ll have to take a picture next time, but there’s lots of pictures of other people's wrasse’s eating enough that it looks like they'll pop.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. The first and second time I saw it, I freaked out. Now I know it happens every time he eats. I’ll have to take a picture next time, but there’s lots of pictures of other people's wrasse’s eating enough that it looks like they'll pop.
My wrasse does that too. Freaked out the first time I saw him like that.

OP
OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always leave one side of my tank with film algae for new blennies until they get more accustomed to frozen greens.
i had so much film algae and he was always banging away at the rocks. he did bloat up when he ate and he has been doing a lot of free floating mysis grabbing. I had "bloom" of snails hatch and maybe they rid so much of the algae on the rock he was left high and dry. I also always have red ogo fresh in the tank and feed LRS herbivore frenzy. I am going to go with the intestinal blockage. I should have done a necropsy but i got so distracted with the Tang i completely lost track of doing the necropsy. Now I am thinking the marks on the tang were just some sort of abrasions or bruise. It certainly wasn't on him yesterday when i got home. I watch each of them so closely when i feed there is no way i feel like I could have missed that yesterday. Anyway, I added some melafix, didn't do the FWD bc as @Hemmdog said "how you gonna catch that tang" and I couldn't...@%^$^# The thing looked alot better by lights out so we will see tomorrow. Odd observation, that psycho fish knew i wanted him, all the fish floated there watching as that Tang played cat and mouse with me. Brain is the size of spec and agility like a jaguar and i almost wanted to suit up and jump in there after him...hahaha...

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back