tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, that’s a bummer! Sorry:(
thanks, ya that blenny was a bully so much in charge of all the live rock that i had to remove the other blenny because he was always posturing and flaring up. He was big and a big eater... lots of spunk and personality though.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had so much film algae and he was always banging away at the rocks. he did bloat up when he ate and he has been doing a lot of free floating mysis grabbing. I had "bloom" of snails hatch and maybe they rid so much of the algae on the rock he was left high and dry. I also always have red ogo fresh in the tank and feed LRS herbivore frenzy. I am going to go with the intestinal blockage. I should have done a necropsy but i got so distracted with the Tang i completely lost track of doing the necropsy. Now I am thinking the marks on the tang were just some sort of abrasions or bruise. It certainly wasn't on him yesterday when i got home. I watch each of them so closely when i feed there is no way i feel like I could have missed that yesterday. Anyway, I added some melafix, didn't do the FWD bc as @Hemmdog said "how you gonna catch that tang" and I couldn't...@%^$^# The thing looked alot better by lights out so we will see tomorrow. Odd observation, that psycho fish knew i wanted him, all the fish floated there watching as that Tang played cat and mouse with me. Brain is the size of spec and agility like a jaguar and i almost wanted to suit up and jump in there after him...hahaha...
Lol! I know that rodeo.. haha

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im sure they are all schooling in there laughing there fins off at my ineptitude...had the FW all heated up and oxygenated ...lol

I'm so sorry for your loss @tdlawdo :(

But yes, I'm willing to bet they all watched you prep that dip and when you came strutting over to the tank your tang turned to the others and said "Watch this, this sucker has no chance"

OP
OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a heck of a time catching my clown once. Yes, the defect clown. I know he was laughing.
at one point i pressed my face against the glass and just started laughing and after cursing out @Hemmdog under my breath just started laughing and said "you win Tang" and as i walked away form the tank he swam right up to the front edge breathing heavy but staring me down... i went to the gym to lift out my embarrassment and frustration haha

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
at one point i pressed my face against the glass and just started laughing and after cursing out @Hemmdog under my breath just started laughing and said "you win Tang" and as i walked away form the tank he swam right up to the front edge breathing heavy but staring me down... i went to the gym to lift out my embarrassment and frustration haha
LOL!;Hilarious;Woot

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Gotta say, would have loved to see a video of that showdown!

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AC23AC24-738B-4447-A2F4-2E53E96B63C5.jpeg

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love how my watched threads make me smile so much with my morning tea whilst watching the tank wake up. :)

So sorry to read about the blenny, I lost my last jewel like this.
I also did some reading, I would agree intestinal blockage but it is not possible for an omnivore / herbivore to be short of mirco or macro algae in my tank so there has to be another cause?

OP
OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love how my watched threads make me smile so much with my morning tea whilst watching the tank wake up. :)

So sorry to read about the blenny, I lost my last jewel like this.
I also did some reading, I would agree intestinal blockage but it is not possible for an omnivore / herbivore to be short of mirco or macro algae in my tank so there has to be another cause?
i had a "bloom" of snails maybe he swallowed one of these baby snails and got clogged!

OP
OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Conclusion = The Seneye device is maybe the most ridiculous piece of equipment i ever bought. Cons: can't use my mac to set it up, can't get the par readings in real time, and the device floats so you have to some how hold it down in order to get a reading of a deep area. So I now have the device used for 5 minutes and an unopened box of 3 new discs for it. I gotta find someone to sell it to or give it to or something. Two days two failures! I am sure tomorrow i am going to beat up some iron and throw it around the gym haha... the iron has no brain, no evasive tactics, no power needs and no computer software...i got this one for sure!! Victory will be mine!!

OP
OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to read about your fish. :(
thanks, it was a bit of a shock to see him like that but i realize it is all part of the deal. On a good note the tang looked 75 % better by tonight then he did last night.

Back