OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe injured his swim bladder during the drop or whatever happened during shipping.
I thought so too. But after observing him so long he never moved his own dorsal fine nor his tail or back end at all. his little side fins were like humming bird wings the whole time.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3396.jpg

Dont want to end the thread for the day on a downer...so on happy note the Pond is thriving and the lily pad is blooming.

You have a pond too???? This is on my wishlist as well! Looks super nice!

OP
OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Such a good stream of water from that waterfall! How’d you figure that out? Seems tricky to dial in.
A lot of water “under” the bridge so to speak. I first installed a preformed pond dabbled with that a few years and a fountain then dug a bigger hole and used a double liner and installed a uv sterilizer and an underground channel for the waterfall. These fish like to jump up onto the bank to feed so they try to swim up the fall which is hilarious to watch. Yesterday the five little ones followed the big daddy around to learn how to skim the edge for food.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cant view the pics as it seems the forum redo hates iPhones but Im sure i’d like em :)

It didn't like iphones before the change. it's the heic extension that the page struggles with.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing! They look super happy! Where did you get all those acros from? They look like great selections! ;) Must have been some great people encouraging you to make those purchases! ;Happy;Shamefullyembarrased

OP
OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank
Beautiful fishies and frags

Nice Tang Gang
Love my tang gang!! They are such a communal group of crowd speak!! They have changed personalities a little with the new additions but all are getting along well.

OP
OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like inverts!! Sue me! But I couldn’t wait to get one of these dudes. Those blue “hands” crack me up!! I could watch him for hours. I had one years ago in my first nano and he was ferocious!! Are up the Bristle worms back then like a champ!

6BF729F1-7DF1-4401-9E87-8BE5AD68BA5D.jpeg

Attachments

• 4B9B38C1-C420-4D18-AC1A-8E187011EB4A.MOV
    24.1 MB

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like inverts!! Sue me! But I couldn’t wait to get one of these dudes. Those blue “hands” crack me up!! I could watch him for hours. I had one years ago in my first nano and he was ferocious!! Are up the Bristle worms back then like a champ!

6BF729F1-7DF1-4401-9E87-8BE5AD68BA5D.jpeg
I love these too! I seriously considered adding one to my wwc order. If you don’t have many bristle worms, will they eat mysis?

OP
OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love these too! I seriously considered adding one to my wwc order. If you don’t have many bristle worms, will they eat mysis?
Oh he eats any pellets that fall to the ground jumps after mysis and pieces of LRS. Never had worms in this tank...eeeeeeks don’t jinx me!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 3.6%

Back