OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The plan was to catch the scribble. He is so cute he follows me or the grandkids from side to side at the front of the tank. He is very interactive. Once caught i was going to remove the offensive growth and of course look at it under the microscope.

OP
OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pay pretty close attention to the fish, so i know this wasn't something brewing for weeks rather it may have been brewing but wasn't visibly showing i should say. They are all eating like always. three frozen food feedings a day using LRS herbivore, Hikari mysis, and spirulina brine with one or two small pinches of pelleted food a day in between.

Anyway, by noon yesterday the flame had one spot on his back, two of the tangs had bumps all over but no white spots yet and by evening the achilles was looked like he swam through a salt spinkler, and the powder brown started with bumps. uggggghhhh

OP
OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no pics of the tangs yet as i have spent the better part of the last 12 hours preparing hospital tanks and trying to catch these speed demons. So far i have the powder blue and the achilles in CP in one tank and the venusta, three cardinals and the wrasse in a different tank. Ill get pics of the rest when Im down moving some scape out of the way to catch the others after sun up this morning.

58966339630__47EE4CAC-571B-4A8E-9F6A-4D9852ACF93D.JPG

58946626870__A7DB6282-07E4-40C4-ADBE-9DFC995DECFA.JPEG

OP
OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still have to figure out all the ins and outs of going fallow and what that entails other than going 3 months to outlive the 72 day life cycle. And trying to figure out the way this got in. After consulting with some on here and in "real" life @Hemmdog et al i think maybe this stuff got in here via some snails and two crabs i recently bought. Never thought to QT those. But going forward i will keep a tank with some coral and inverts only for QT of inverts before putting them into the DT. I'm using cholorquine phosphate at 40mg/gal as a one time dose with replenishment on water changes.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woah. No bueno. Hopefully you caught it early. Were you able to see anything on microscope?

Do you have any cleaner shrimp?

OP
OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I have cleaner shrimp.
All fish are doing well I have the Tangs in a 24x24x16 brand new rimless hospital tank with CP at 40mg/gal and so far so good they are skiddish so no pics but eating and doing better. Actually can’t see anything on them. Using frozen mysis, spirulina brine and LRS all soaked with Selcon. 5 gallon water change QOD. The cardinals, wrasse and angels in a 29 Biocube and they all look great. The flame had only one white spot which is now gone. The cardinal had one white spot on his tail still there not even sure it is ich. And the scribble had the dangling participle on its tail which I removed surgically during the transfer and looked at it under the microscope. Pics to follow. Tank is fallow.

And YES THE PENTAIR 40watt is getting Hooked up this week.

A71B30A4-91D6-4B88-B75B-905B39648D75.jpeg F6D9C259-3D04-4365-8975-E4B5D1221CFF.jpeg

OP
OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck Doc! This why I use U.V. at the proper kill rate. I honestly don't think there is any practical way to prevent some cross contamination in a home aquarium.

Bummed out for you!
I’d love to ask some questions or see some pics of the UV I’m trying to install mine this week.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back