My First Attempt at the Big Time: WaterBox PP 230.6 Tank Build

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I have cleaner shrimp.
All fish are doing well I have the Tangs in a 24x24x16 brand new rimless hospital tank with CP at 40mg/gal and so far so good they are skiddish so no pics but eating and doing better. Actually can’t see anything on them. Using frozen mysis, spirulina brine and LRS all soaked with Selcon. 5 gallon water change QOD. The cardinals, wrasse and angels in a 29 Biocube and they all look great. The flame had only one white spot which is now gone. The cardinal had one white spot on his tail still there not even sure it is ich. And the scribble had the dangling participle on its tail which I removed surgically during the transfer and looked at it under the microscope. Pics to follow. Tank is fallow.

And YES THE PENTAIR 40watt is getting Hooked up this week.

A71B30A4-91D6-4B88-B75B-905B39648D75.jpeg F6D9C259-3D04-4365-8975-E4B5D1221CFF.jpeg

Fantastic work, Doctor! And, you are most welcome!

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is what the text shows for lymphocystis

Looks like mine with a different stain. The virus filled fibroblasts 50 times larger than the scant red blood cells in the second pic. All were at the same magnification.

E5380D32-AB91-4EE9-8D54-63036C9EF51C.jpeg

That's what we were guessing!

Greenreef75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just hooked the same one up a couple of weeks ago. I never could keep a tang before and now we have a sail, yellow, and hippo doing great. It’s on a RSR 650 peninsula. I still have to do some wire management. I have a sicce silent after the filter socks and the output in the return camber.

2F5548E8-7AC8-419D-9164-133A2461558E.jpeg

OP
OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just hooked the same one up a couple of weeks ago. I never could keep a tang before and now we have a sail, yellow, and hippo doing great. It’s on a RSR 650 peninsula. I still have to do some wire management. I have a sicce silent after the filter socks and the output in the return camber.

2F5548E8-7AC8-419D-9164-133A2461558E.jpeg
You just made my night. I also bought the sicce 5 for this set up. I have been wanting to see one set up!! thanks so much!!

Greenreef75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You just made my night. I also bought the sicce 5 for this set up. I have been wanting to see one set up!! thanks so much!!
Glad to help. It’s a little messy right now. I have the flow turned down with the little dial on the pump so that I am pushing ~240 gph to combat the fish stuff not the algae. I bought extra plumbing parts not know that it came with some.

OP
OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to help. It’s a little messy right now. I have the flow turned down with the little dial on the pump so that I am pushing ~240 gph to combat the fish stuff not the algae. I bought extra plumbing parts not know that it came with some.
I think while I am going fallow for this three months I’ll go low flow too to combat any of the fish stuff. I was thinking of later alternating back and forth by the week or month from algae high flow to slow parasite stuff.

Greenreef75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think while I am going fallow for this three months I’ll go low flow too to combat any of the fish stuff. I was thinking of later alternating back and forth by the week or month from algae high flow to slow parasite stuff.
The wife actually suggested getting a second one to run at the higher flow rate so that may be one of my next big purchases

OP
OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, been so busy chasing fish putting together hospital tanks and doing water changes in them I haven’t posted in a while. Here is the status. Nearly two weeks in CP. Tangs in 40 gallon don’t eat much (yes tried selcon, garlic, all their normal favs- frozen spirulina brine, mysis, LRS, plus some various pellets and dried seaweed. Anyway, the only tang that wasn’t speckled or sick that I know of died. The yellow.

OP
OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The main DT. I removed nearly all the sand, for the scape back up and found a fish I thought was dead long ago my little goby...he thinks he is the king having this big tank all to himself. Problem is I was trying to go fallow for 3 months ..grrrr

But I did get the scape done and new sand. Tonight is UV installation night.

860E5BD7-AEC8-44AE-9523-B92E7C712E6A.jpeg 46CD368E-E1A5-465E-B364-DD136025AB43.jpeg

OP
OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: UV hooked up Pentair 40 watt with a sicce 5. Installing flow meter (FMM) this weekend. At this point lost the yellow tang, Achilles tang and Venusta angel. The Tangs are in a separate hospital tank. None of the ones that died had a visible spot of any disease but their dang appetites were non existent in that CP. and yes I tried all their normal favorites LRS, frozen mysis, spirulina brine, various pellets and algae leaf, even tried adding garlic and selcon.

On a good note the scribble is doing well. The surgery on the tail went well. And so far appears to be healing well.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is your tank and fish doing? Is the U.V. hooked up and what do you think? We ran our U.V. units large enough to be the final step in filtration as water returned to the holding tanks in the aquarium stores. So yeah they were big units matched to the return pump flow rates. Never tried to recycle a smaller unit to the sump...

OP
OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is your tank and fish doing? Is the U.V. hooked up and what do you think? We ran our U.V. units large enough to be the final step in filtration as water returned to the holding tanks in the aquarium stores. So yeah they were big units matched to the return pump flow rates. Never tried to recycle a smaller unit to the sump...
Yes it is hooked up. It is running at the wide open flow rate of the sicce 5. I bought an FMK I have it all ready for plumbing into the unit but I will be gone all week for my sons wedding so I will do it Sunday. Coral all doing well. The fish that didn’t die in the CP are well and finally eating again. Still in QT while tank is fallow (ish). Found a tiny little 1inch yellow rose head goby in there that had been lost 4 Months ago. Lol. Anyway. So far so good. Thanks for the reach out

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • None.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.8%
Back