My First Attempt at the Big Time: WaterBox PP 230.6 Tank Build

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think we all get busy. I've made friends with a lot of people on here in real life and end up using the phone to chat more often (maybe too much ;Hilarious ). A lot of the time I don't even notice that I haven't said anything on R2R in a while. Glad to see you're doing well!

Thanks @Bleigh ! "In real life"... now there's a novel idea. Actually, there are some folks on this site I've stayed in touch with while I was MIA.

In an unrelated question; did you ever think of that word you couldn't recall? I don't remember exactly what it was about but there was a word used to express a thought that you and many others could not come up with and I even made a couple suggestions. Do you recall?

Oh, and congrats on all the badges! I go away for a bit, come back, and you're all popular 'n stuff! ;)

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @Bleigh ! "In real life"... now there's a novel idea. Actually, there are some folks on this site I've stayed in touch with while I was MIA.

In an unrelated question; did you ever think of that word you couldn't recall? I don't remember exactly what it was about but there was a word used to express a thought that you and many others could not come up with and I even made a couple suggestions. Do you recall?

Oh, and congrats on all the badges! I go away for a bit, come back, and you're all popular 'n stuff! ;)
@Hemmdog and I are in a competition for badges. Every time he gets a leg up, I seem to get one too. lol

I have not remembered the word. I need to go back and read the book. It is an obscure word and not one that I have ever heard anyone else use, which I why I like it. It means an answer that is an answer to the question, but doesn't actually provide more information. Like, if you come in and see someone eating a bowl of cereal and ask what they are eating, and they say cereal, it's technically an answer and if you couldn't see them would be a fine answer. However, because you can see them you have observed that it's cereal and what would have provided more information is the type of cereal. So it's not someone being a smart butt or trying to dodge a question. It's just an answer that didn't provide the questioner with more information.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bleigh, Hey Crystal Reef Aquatics is closing down and they are selling some custom tanks and sumps...you might like to take a look! You might just score a great tank at a good price.

Where are they located? I'm in NC.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Hemmdog and I are in a competition for badges. Every time he gets a leg up, I seem to get one too. lol

I have not remembered the word. I need to go back and read the book. It is an obscure word and not one that I have ever heard anyone else use, which I why I like it. It means an answer that is an answer to the question, but doesn't actually provide more information. Like, if you come in and see someone eating a bowl of cereal and ask what they are eating, and they say cereal, it's technically an answer and if you couldn't see them would be a fine answer. However, because you can see them you have observed that it's cereal and what would have provided more information is the type of cereal. So it's not someone being a smart *** or trying to dodge a question. It's just an answer that didn't provide the questioner with more information.

I am not touching that "leg up" thing... :p

I had a feeling you were going to remember the "word" thing. You probably already get this, or something similar, but here is a site I get an email from everyday with a new word. I really enjoy it and using the words they send. Using some of the words has won me quite a few sideways looks from people.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bleigh, Hey Crystal Reef Aquatics is closing down and they are selling some custom tanks and sumps...you might like to take a look! You might just score a great tank at a good price.

I "loved" your post not because CRA is going out of business but because you let us know about the sale. I always hate hearing about a small supplier/store going out of business.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@tdlawdo - Wishing you and your family good tidings!

5129710_0.jpg

OP
OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I hooked up a CO2 scrubber from @Bulk Reef Supply and it seems to dry out at the bottom too fast. So I considered attaching the intake side to the skimmer cup to increase efficiency but I decided to DIY this myself.
So I took a butterfly needle for drawing blood, clipped off the needle and saved the syringe lock. Drilled a diagonal hole into the housing (so as not to allow the tube to kink) and then superglued the tubing on the outside and into the hole and at the bottom inside the canister. Then attached a 10 cc syringe filled with RODI.

09836AA9-62E8-472B-8B4F-BB60B18E4FF7.jpeg CE1D473F-6754-4A2C-9C11-53D7492D091A.jpeg 41890353-6F67-4129-8D92-D5D04486639D.jpeg 234BDC31-B566-41EF-B011-8EAEE116D2EB.jpeg 9CAF507B-0A64-4B02-A30C-CB64A3017A96.jpeg F25BAE39-C916-46B5-957A-E0797801EACC.jpeg 5A2AA74A-C9F6-42F0-939C-187F015804F5.jpeg

jstephens24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I tried searching your name and then Clarisea but nothing really came up. Did you ever install one? If so are you happy with it and what did you take out to make it work.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back