My first build110g acrylic!!!!! Yaya BUDDY.

OP
OP
Aggro

Aggro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no qt ill be using the tank as qt and watching if everything good ill then transfer the tank ove. I do have a proper qt setup which if something goes awry I can throw it in there and medicate

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i would suggest doing qt 100% your main tank 1 is completely free of diseases,worry about cycle spikes ,wake up to all dead!! at least wait a week or two ,two! better safe than sorry ,let the big boy cycle first,jmo ;)

OP
OP
Aggro

Aggro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
only thing im worrying about is my qt is only 16g biocube lol I could transfer my current fish to the DT and then use my 32g biocube as a qt and just remove all sand and rock.

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
can you put current fish and water from 32 into 16 ,clean out 32 as qt for new fish..kinda scaring me here..big risk for fish here ;) what current fish do you have?

OP
OP
Aggro

Aggro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 clowns coral banded shrimp mythrax and emerald crab and misc CuC.

I honestly think im good I cycled and started my 32 this way I broke down the ammonia in less than 24 hrs. ive also been dosing bacter7 and added biospira when it started ive used almost a whole thing of bacter7 this week dosing per instructions. these fish may not be as hardy as clowns but I believe lol.

OP
OP
Aggro

Aggro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well been about a week since my last post I got the fish in the tank a powder blue, mimic, lawnmower, 6line, and a yellow watchmen. All fish doing awesome day 1 putting the yellow watchman in the tank I observed him swim mid tank and sink pretty quickly he got up to the top of the tank only once and immediately fell to the sand bed upon seeing that I figured it was swim bladder issues but I removed and put him in qt unfortunately when I woke up next morning the little guy was dead. Since then I have monitored the tank adding nothing new and all live stock is doing remarkably well before the tangs would not go near each other and chase each other away now they are always together. Both are eating flakes frozen and nori. The lawnmower well I only see him when he’s out grazing or looking for him. And the 6 line well he so darn fast and small. But he’s out in about eating flakes and loves frozen as well.
I found good deal on a apex classic with the WiFi module probes and another module scooped that for 250 and spent a bunch at the live sale yesterday.

tank parameters have been pretty spot on I stilltesting every other day for swings and such so far so good. Getting ready to test alk calc and mag to see where they’re at as it’s been a week or so since checking those. Hopefully they are good my diatom bloom seems to have cleared up a bit. I’m trying to figure out if my gyre2k are actually kicking sand up or micro bubbles since swapping out my sump yesterday the water has gotten a little more clear. I switch to an eshopps r200 gen3. From a r100 gen3. And man I’m loving the extra room everywhere it’s so nice.
And my tomato clown finally hosted my bta in my biocube yesterday. And the anemone is still in that darn shell lol. Kind of comical.

image.jpg image.jpg

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
uumm...a few more pic's would be required after all that reading:p:cool:looking great!~!!!

OP
OP
Aggro

Aggro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol thanks I’ll definitely have more pics once I can get wires cleaned up but I’ll throw some pics of current. I bought this for my ato container 27g and it was like 30 on amazon good deal. Oh the bacteria bloom ahhhhhhh. Just hooked up my gfo and carbon hopefully it will help clear it a bit we will see
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Nice start

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
you just have to buy more toys,,lol ;)

OP
OP
Aggro

Aggro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you just have to buy more toys,,lol ;)
Lol I do agree in trying to trade my gyr2k set for a couple nero5. I do have an apex coming that’s going to be sweet I haven’t hooked up my inkbird yet. This heater I have keeps the tank between 77-79 and it’s set for 78.
I think my next toy after the nero5’s of course is going to be the apex auto fish feeder. Especially when I go back to work because I feed flake and pellet in morning. What are some of the things apex classic are capable of doing?

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
cool as far i can go with apex ..here..LOL.many others will chime in,i think it can brush your teeth for ya :p are great ,i just have no exp with.. even owned system w break outs to control multiple tanks..yay ..never opened and sold..lol..i'm lucky i can figure out how to use my phone...lol:cool:

OP
OP
Aggro

Aggro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cool as far i can go with apex ..here..LOL.many others will chime in,i think it can brush your teeth for ya :p are great ,i just have no exp with.. even owned system w break outs to control multiple tanks..yay ..never opened and sold..lol..i'm lucky i can figure out how to use my phone...lol:cool:
Ya I wanted to learn how to do a lot of the hands in stuff myself before going automated and I’ve gotten a pretty good grasp throughout the 5ish years I’ve been doing this. Specially after this corona crap is done and I go back to work I want to be able to not have to worry so much about it. Only thing I haven’t done yet is dose calc mag or alk or anything like that because never had the need to because of owning fowlr tanks before this is my first go round in corals. I do have a Jebao doser I’m going to utilize just waiting to see what I’m going to need to dose once the tank is more stabilized. It’s getting there tho.

OP
OP
Aggro

Aggro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I traded my vipars for cash and 3 frags.
Decided to transfer two corals from biocube To the 110 and I also put the new zoas in the 110 wish them luck lol. Here are a few pictures

2 videos maybe they’ll load up who knows. But one is with a signiture series profile for the hydras emulating a storm that was probably about 930am when it started its now 12pm is it normal to last that long? And the second video was taken a couple days ago of myfish room don’t mind the wires and such

hope you all enjoy

433824E4-BAA5-4F0B-83E7-C79C7C293824.jpeg 81ACA860-FC23-48D4-84CA-50BA56614CA4.jpeg C59E019C-45A5-41CB-8880-1751C45F54D4.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0766.MOV
    12.4 MB
  • IMG_0769.MOV
    8.3 MB

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
looking good ,video did not work for me :cool:

OP
OP
Aggro

Aggro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I didn’t think they would and unfortunately I don’t have YouTube account that’s actively under my control. Under my name yes under my daughters control yes under my control nope lol.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I didn’t think they would and unfortunately I don’t have YouTube account that’s actively under my control. Under my name yes under my daughters control yes under my control nope lol.

The only video I have under my control on u tube is of me snorting vodka, crap happens! ;)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back