My first Chemiclean treatment is done - Skimmer is working overtime...next steps help

joe-ejs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,drain

I have completed my first Chemiclean treatment. I shut of my UV and let the drain line of skimmer drain into the sump. 72 hours has now passed and I just did a 30% water change. I turned my UV back on and also my Protein Skimmer. The skimmer is still in overdrive. Do I just need to continue to wait or should I be doing something else as the next step to get my skimmer to return to normal operation? Right now it is just overflowing right into the sump.

Any suggestions/advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,drain

I have completed my first Chemiclean treatment. I shut of my UV and let the drain line of skimmer drain into the sump. 72 hours has now passed and I just did a 30% water change. I turned my UV back on and also my Protein Skimmer. The skimmer is still in overdrive. Do I just need to continue to wait or should I be doing something else as the next step to get my skimmer to return to normal operation? Right now it is just overflowing right into the sump.

Any suggestions/advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks
So far so good. Now just run some carbon per the instructions and everything will be fine. If you don’t run carbon, it takes a few days longer to settle down the skimmer.

I use chemiclean twice a year whether I need to or not.

I like to think of it as a deep cleaning.

ReefnFamilyMan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far so good. Now just run some carbon per the instructions and everything will be fine. If you don’t run carbon, it takes a few days longer to settle down the skimmer.

I use chemiclean twice a year whether I need to or not.

I like to think of it as a deep cleaning.
+1 just run some carbon as per instructions. Your skimmer will settle down in a couple of days.

OP
OP
J

joe-ejs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 just run some carbon as per instructions. Your skimmer will settle down in a couple of days.
So when the Cyano disappeared from my tank over the last few days, in some spots where the Cyano was I now have some short green hair algae that the Cyano was sitting on top of. I have added the carbon and am awaiting for my skimmer to return to normal.

As for the Green Hair Algae, what is the best method to now remove that before it gets worse?

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I used it on my tank i just let the skimmer drain into a bucket and replaced that water with new.

Back