My first jawbreaker

Carson789

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought my first jawbreakers a couple days ago. A mother and her 3 babies . The mother is a little bigger than a Nickel. I can't get a great picture with my phone camera but she's orange and red with bits of green on one side.
20210528_012111.jpg
20210528_012215.jpg

That's an actinic and a more white light picture but with the phone camera I can't seem to capture the red or green well. If anybody has any tips for that please let me know.
I saw the mom about a month or so ago at my local fish store and since then she's had 2 new babies they are both attached to the one rock so hopefully she will keep up that pace and I can spread the love to other people in need of a cool shroom lol

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice jawbreakers ! Not sure how to capture the red or green unless you get a focused zoomed in pic.
Also I would keep them In that container until they get bigger. Bought one a couple months ago, detached from the plug and was never found again

OP
OP
Carson789

Carson789

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice jawbreakers ! Not sure how to capture the red or green unless you get a focused zoomed in pic.
Also I would keep them In that container until they get bigger. Bought one a couple months ago, detached from the plug and was never found again
That's the plan, eventually I want to get something like a petri dish to kinda bury in the sand cause the specimin cup is a little ugly. And just fill the dish with the pebbles in it to leave the mother in so she can walk on the pebles and leave some babies so they are easy to get on frag plugs to sell or trade. I'm still not sure what I'm gonna do with the babies I'm definitely going to keep at least one and put it in my dads tank cause he wants one but the other two idk if I want to keep or sell when I'm sure they are settled and healthy.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 37 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back