My first LPS - How's it look?

InvertsBestVerts

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought an Acan and this Hammer frag a couple days ago. The Acan looks pretty good, like it did at the pet store. I've yet to see it without it's feeding tenticles out.

The hammer I'm less sure of. When the lights are on it opens right up, but I think I can see some of the skeleton in between the tentacle parts. Am I just worrying too much?

20200529_015839.jpg

OP
OP
InvertsBestVerts

InvertsBestVerts

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That picture might not be the best so I circled one of the parts I was talking about

20200531_012902.jpg

TheGreatBarrioReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you see skeleton that is never a good sign. Hopefully they didn’t sell it to you like that. I must say though, i got a freebie from my buddy because his scoly was dying/showing skeleton i threw it in my tank and its still there looking great almost a year later!

OP
OP
InvertsBestVerts

InvertsBestVerts

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you see skeleton that is never a good sign. Hopefully they didn’t sell it to you like that. I must say though, i got a freebie from my buddy because his scoly was dying/showing skeleton i threw it in my tank and its still there looking great almost a year later!

My main issue is that I'm not sure if what I circled is actually the skeleton or just some fleshy bits connecting the tentacles. It could definitely look worse if Google is anything to go by.

trvsty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it looks fine to me. judging by the photo that might just be the natural branch area. if you look at your hammer at the base of the tentacles and see a spiny ridged skeleton area then there is more room for concern and i would keep an eye on it. i have a torch that has had a little bit of skeleton showing since i bought it and it's healthy and doesn't seem to be a problem.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back