N

ninjamyst

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what type of sand are you using for this? is the bound strong? thanks
I didn't buy sand. I crushed up some of the rocks and made sand out of them. The bond is super strong once dried. It's essentially mortar.

OP
OP
N

ninjamyst

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Broke down the seagull looking rock to create a smaller stable tree. I forgot I loose 6-8 inches of aquascaping space because of the overflow box. I also started making the branches with holes in it to hold frag plugs. That way I can easily move the SPS frags around before they get encrusted. You can see a frag plug at the edge of one of the branch.

PXL_20210920_020337056-01.jpeg

kbnh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how is the baking soda used as mortar? i am trying to understand the process of it

do you sprinkle baking soda on the points of contact between the rock and just let thin glue soak into it?

or do you put glue on the points of contact then sprinkle baking soda on it?

or am i not close? any help is appreciated

also i read not to use regular baking soda(arm and hammer), where can i find safe to use baking soda?

Eldritch_blast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how is the baking soda used as mortar? i am trying to understand the process of it

do you sprinkle baking soda on the points of contact between the rock and just let thin glue soak into it?

or do you put glue on the points of contact then sprinkle baking soda on it?

or am i not close? any help is appreciated

also i read not to use regular baking soda(arm and hammer), where can i find safe to use baking soda?
Baking soda I think is used as an accelerant for the super glue. I used BRS’ accelerant spray they sell but if you search for baking soda super glue accelerant you can probably find a cheaper way to do same thing their $6 bottle of spray does

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 57 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 63 54.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%
Back