My first reef fish: A pair of Picasso Clowns

phatduckk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got my DT and QT all setup and today was the big day... I bought my first reef fish - a pair of Picasso Clowns :)

I had been eyeing them at my LFS for a couple weeks but I wasn't quite ready yet... QT wasn't setup etc etc. Finally got all that taken care of this week and today I finally bought them.

Here they are getting drip acclimated:

IMG_0025.jpg

I probably dripped them for about 45 minutes or so before getting them situated into their new, temporary home:

IMG_1406.jpg

I'm very excited and nervous at the same time. I've read A LOT but nothing beats actual experience so I'm going slow and being super cautious every step.

Once they graduate from QT they'll get to be the first residents of my Reefer 350 =)

EFFECTS.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg IMG_1406.jpg EFFECTS.jpg

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice fish! Those are ocellaris, so that variant is most likely snowflake (not Picasso, which are percula).

OP
OP
phatduckk

phatduckk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice fish! Those are ocellaris, so that variant is most likely snowflake (not Picasso, which are percula).

Interesting. Thought the sign said Picasso but, honestly, I wasn’t set on a certain type of clown.

I picked them mostly based on size, liveliness/looked healthy and they we’re already paired up.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 81 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back